Quantcast

Shinguards

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Maybe the shorty TLD combats. I have the long ones and they are ventilated, but not well. Definately my favorite guards and I've had Dainese and fox in the past... Movement isn't a problem with them and they stay put very well. Kinda like Stealth Rubber in that once you try it you won't want anything else...

NovatoSCFR

Monkey
Aug 27, 2004
NOVATO CA
Try getting some fox standard pads and then buy some of those knee pad/brace type things to put over the top. It works perfectly.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The new dainese revolution guards are the best ones I have ever worn..they do not move...AT ALL. Huge improvement over the older dainese pads (both styles). Lightweight and cool too.

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
Transcend said:
The new dainese revolution guards are the best ones I have ever worn..they do not move...AT ALL. Huge improvement over the older dainese pads (both styles). Lightweight and cool too.
I'll second that. Best pads I've ever used.

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
The Race Face Rally FR guards are identical to the Roach Rally FR guards (RF owns Roach). I'd second either the Revolutions or the Troy Lee guards. I've been wearing my TLD Combat Shortys for more than a year for DH, FR, and moto and they haven't let me down. They're pretty stiff at first, but after a short break-in period (10 - 15 hours) they are comfortable and stay in place. Most importantly, they don't do the dirt-scoop above the knee when you bend your leg.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
mtbpaint1 said:
i would but i want them for tomorrow (Diablo) and my LBS has them
Go Aussie and forget the pads. You ride clipless, theres no worry of slipping a pedal and pins hitting your shins!

Go-ride is everyones LBS!

Dan

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
i m aussie so i don t really need pads :rolleyes: but the TLD combat pads are easily the best pads i ve ver worn... the dainese and countless other pads i ve tried ALL sucked... they ended up sliding down...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
partsbara said:
i m aussie so i don t really need pads :rolleyes: but the TLD combat pads are easily the best pads i ve ver worn... the dainese and countless other pads i ve tried ALL sucked... they ended up sliding down...
try the new dainese revolutions before you say that. I hated the older pads, the new ones rock.

Dida

Chimp
Jul 8, 2005
Zagreb - lUdArA
I ride the Rally DH. Very protective and don`t slip a bit, but not so comfortable. When I put them on, I can barely pedal the first ten or fifteen meters.

I`ve ridden in some Dainese pads that I rented and they were really comfy. More comfortable than the Race Face.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
NovatoSCFR said:
Try getting some fox standard pads and then buy some of those knee pad/brace type things to put over the top. It works perfectly.
I used that system for quite a while; however, the 661 padlocks or knee warmers get pretty dang hot in the summer.

The new TLD and Rockgardn pads are pretty good. They are light and offer a decent amount of protect...

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
How about the TLD shortys for people over 6 feet tall? As in 6'3"ish? I don't think I need protection clear down to my ankles so the shortys sound nice. Think it will work or should I just go for large?

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
rockymt21 said:
Go Aussie and forget the pads. You ride clipless, theres no worry of slipping a pedal and pins hitting your shins!

Go-ride is everyones LBS!

Dan
Sometimes, usually only for races though...

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I have tried the fox raptors-never fit right, Roach dh awsome don't move but they are hot, now I have the Roach rally FR that I have no complaints about at all, they stay in place like the dh model but have an open back so they breath better and have better mobility. I would highly suggest them.

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
WheelieMan said:
How about the TLD shortys for people over 6 feet tall? As in 6'3"ish? I don't think I need protection clear down to my ankles so the shortys sound nice. Think it will work or should I just go for large?
I'm 6'1" and run the shortys (not as much patella coverage under the plastic knee cap but better ventilation). The plastic coverage on both versions is the same, the Standard length just has more soft padding that extends past the hard shell over the shin.