Quantcast

Shiver assistance needed

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
DirtDivaDH said:
Actually the bleed screw is important if you are traveling to places that involve an increase in altitude, which causes an increase in pressure which needs to be released. the problem is that on Marzocchi they continously break. also I believe the 2004 had black stanchion tubes.
BS....a 5000 ft increase in altitude equals about 2 psi. With 35mm stanchions this equals about a 3lbs change in preload, about the same as your average turd. Not alot do 5000 ft elevation changes......nor think they need a fork retuning at such an event (do you tune for the top of the hill, or the bottom....)

wooley_89

Chimp
Feb 17, 2005
HotButterToppin said:
Wooley, some of your bricks need to be tuckpointed again. Have some pride, you slob.
excuse my ignorance but what the **** is tuckpointing?

and how can you tell from the photo any way? its **** quality and there blurry kinda

wooley_89

Chimp
Feb 17, 2005
i bought mine from a bike store in australia.

and paid AU$1300, Thats australian dollars so like US$900?

BUT i think youll have a big problem getting some seeing as marzocchi have sold out of them? thats just what ive heard. thats means no more shivers ever guys......

....sadest day of my life

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
wikitypooshlag said:
where'd you guys buy your 05's and for how much??? i think it might be time to retire the 02 boxxer soon.
I got mine at the Wheel World in Santa Monica for $899.00, that is a smokin' deal.... Here is a link:

http://wheelworld.com

BTW, I retired my '04 BoXXer Race as well....the Shiver is an outstanding fork, I love it!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
zedro said:
BS....a 5000 ft increase in altitude equals about 2 psi. With 35mm stanchions this equals about a 3lbs change in preload, about the same as your average turd. Not alot do 5000 ft elevation changes......nor think they need a fork retuning at such an event (do you tune for the top of the hill, or the bottom....)
exactly I use to hear the same thing when I took my Shiver up to Big Bear. Someone was always telling me to burp the fork...it never made sense to me so I never did and never had a performance problem...D

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
Here is a question: Which is the best way to route your front brake cable so it doesn't hit your spokes? Maybe a picture or two would be good as well. Right now I just have a zip tie up on the top of my fork, is there a better way?

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Bobby Peru said:
Here is a question: Which is the best way to route your front brake cable so it doesn't hit your spokes? Maybe a picture or two would be good as well. Right now I just have a zip tie up on the top of my fork, is there a better way?
look how MX forks route their line; do the same with zips.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
zedro said:
look how MX forks route their line; do the same with zips.
I just made a little slider out of zip ties for the line. Works fine. I also never burped my fork with those little screws. It's like a minor "air assit". Now if I flew with it and it was 30,000 feet then I'd think about it but for shuttling and such I wouldn't even worry about it.

DirtDivaDH

Chimp
Oct 16, 2005
Beautiful Moorpark, CA
you don't need to be rude-I travel to Nationals which are regularly above 8000 feet and have needed to let out the pressure at the top each time I get there. If you don't race then no this would not be improtant, but this is the only reason I have found for the bleed screw, which is what he was asking.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Just to add a little point here: I don't to to many high altitude places here in the northeast, but I do use the bleed screws. If I ride for a while (a few hours of DH) and then bleed it, I can feel the difference on small bumps; the fork gets a bit less sensitive and a little bit stiffer. If I open the screws, I can always hear air coming out. I'm not to sensitive about setup and all that, so I'm pretty sure this differences isn't in my head.

Don't know anything about the bleed screws breaking, though. not really sure how you'd do that besides stripping the screw, which means you have a crappy wrench or you went a little too tight.

Shivers are great forks; I've talked about how much I love mine quite a few times here. Didn't know about the whole no spare parts issue, thought. I'll probably just run it until I win the lottery, get a real job or break it in half.