Quantcast

shiver problem

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
Alright, I've noticed some oil around the left preload knob. Every time I clean it off, it seems to come back. I also noticed that there is some play between the the E clip and the top cap creating a clanking noise which is really pissing me off. This is only in the left leg. The right leg seems to be fine. Anyone experience this? If so, how did you fix it?

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
oil leak - get a new O-ring for where the cartridge pops thru the top cap, and grease it up when you install it. I replaced mine with something I got out of an assorted o-ring kit, it works fine (i.e. it's not necessarily something you have to get from marz.)

clunking - ignore it, or call up Marzo for a shim kit to put under the e-clip.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Does your fork have a lot of hours on it? I have found that the red caps wear out over time. Dirt gets in there and the o-ring rubs a nice little groove on the inside. I have seen this fixed by replacing the o-ring with one slightly larger. I made some stainless sleeves for mine so it won't happen again. (not so easy)

So, take it apart and check. If the inside of that red cap is all worn, just replacing the o-ring won't fix it.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
actually the clanking (or play at the e-clip) is related to the leaking; its not a bad o-ring, its a bad seal between parts because there to much play. Marz has some really thin spacers that go under the e-clip to solve the issue (or use your own spacer/washers if you can find some thin enough).

Tarpon

Monkey
Jun 23, 2004
North Bend, WA
Has it always done this? I had an '04 that did the same thing out of the box, the o-ring groove was too deep on the right leg. Marzocchi replaced the cartridge under warrenty.