Quantcast

Shock hardware problem

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
So i got an ISX6 for my Chumba F5. And since Manitous use a different eyelett size, i have to get new hardware. Here's the problem. One of the hardware needs to be a 7mm bolt. All manufacturers make them in 6mm, 8mm and 9.5mm... Anyone got any ideas? Or can someone help CNC something for me?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
what size bolt are the frame mounts? I've had instances where I couldn't mount a manitou shock without changing the eyelet on the shock. (ie an M6 bolt for the shock eyelet and a M8 bolt for the frame mount... not compatible).

is the M7 bolt required for the shock eyelet or for the frame?\

edit: is the isx you got an aftermarket shock, or was it OEM from a different frame?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Drilling out an M6 reducer wouldn't be hard if you have access to a drill press.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
The F5 uses 7mm hardware. It's a weird size. drilling out an aluminum 6mm spacer is probably the easiest solution. I was looking for one of the 3pc kits and I couldn't find any 7mm ones.

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
thanx for the drilling solution... Gonna make a few phone calls tomorrow and see if anyone has a drill press, if not, i'll just use a clamp maybe...

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
yupp... friend of mine has a drill press... ordered up the hardware and once it arrives, we're gonna drill it up... man i cant wait to ride my bike... it's been a while... XD