Quantcast

shock length on SC V10

Hello!
Im wondering if i could use a 230 mm length shock on v10 2008 instead of the original (220mm). i would like to fit an CCDB here and the shop has only 230 and 240mm. It would affect somehow the way its workin througth travel of v10? And another reason: to keep the seat post away of the wheel, sometimes its kickin on large drops.

thanks

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
When they redesigned the V10 I was really surprised they stayed with the 2.75" stroke shock. Unfortunately, VPP bikes really don't like shock length changes and I doubt you could even fit a longer shock.

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
When they redesigned the V10 I was really surprised they stayed with the 2.75" stroke shock. Unfortunately, VPP bikes really don't like shock length changes and I doubt you could even fit a longer shock.
Santa Cruz seriously considered using a longer shock, but during blind testing, nobody actually noticed a difference in smoothness or adjustably (or whatever you look for in a longer shock) between the 2.75 and longer shocks. They stayed with the 2.75 because of its lower weight and because the theoretical advantages of the longer stroke didn't hold up for them in the real world.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Santa Cruz seriously considered using a longer shock, but during blind testing, nobody actually noticed a difference in smoothness or adjustably (or whatever you look for in a longer shock) between the 2.75 and longer shocks. They stayed with the 2.75 because of its lower weight and because the theoretical advantages of the longer stroke didn't hold up for them in the real world.
at least someone reads all the SC marketing BS......