shock travel

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MtnBikerChk said:
same thing, right?
No :)

At least, the terminology isn't quite right. Shock stroke is the amount that the shock moves in and out. When you say travel people assume you mean rear wheel travel.

How's the setup going?

binary visions said:
No :)

At least, the terminology isn't quite right. Shock stroke is the amount that the shock moves in and out. When you say travel people assume you mean rear wheel travel.

How's the setup going?
the fox manual actually calls it "shock travel." It ranges from 1-3." So I ask again - same thing, right?

fork is done and now that I know what I'm shooting for, I'll do the rear first thing tomorrow.

ridey at 9am!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
MtnBikerChk said:
the fox manual actually calls it "shock travel." It ranges from 1-3." So I ask again - same thing, right?

fork is done and now that I know what I'm shooting for, I'll do the rear first thing tomorrow.

ridey at 9am!
Yeah, I looked at the 06 Fox Rear Shock manual. Their "Shock Travel" is what we call stroke length.

You can measure the length of the "Shock Body" (page 9 of the 06 rear shock manual), the inner shaft that sticks out, and that will give you the "Shock Travel".

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MtnBikerChk said:
Gotcha.. Well, whatever Fox chooses to call it, I'm just sayin' that most people won't call it that ;)

Good luck on your ride tomorrow!