Quantcast

Shop at Diablo!

Falcon 101

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Hey guys!

I wonder if there are any shops at Diablo park for bikes..?

I'm not from the US and i'm coming this summer and I want to buy a complete bike or a frame.
I'll be at NYC, Florida and Las-Vegas if you have recommended shops over there please help me get there.

thnx!

Falcon 101

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
you mean a bike shop? lol yeah there are a couple in the area and one on site

Heh, sorry but I don't know the area/park so that's why I asked.

so first of all thnx for the help, second, do you know the name of the store?
a website will be very very helpful!
As I mentioned before i'm not from the US and I want to be sure where and what shop should I buy from.

btw, I was searching for COMMENCAL bikes but nothing in NYC, Florida and Las-vega.. :hmm: Help someone?
Guess I should search for Ironhorse,Specialized,Kona,Norco,Mongoose..

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
well my personal bike shop is about 45 min. away from diablo cycleworks206.com... then ther is ridetopia down the street... and then sussex bike shop not really a dh shop.. mostly has trek and i have never had a goo experience with them.

and the diablo shop is good.. jamie is a cool guy knows what to do and how to do it lol and VERY reasonable prices

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
well my personal bike shop is about 45 min. away from diablo cycleworks206.com... then ther is ridetopia down the street... and then sussex bike shop not really a dh shop.. mostly has trek and i have never had a goo experience with them.

and the diablo shop is good.. jamie is a cool guy knows what to do and how to do it lol and VERY reasonable prices

edit: flordia is a 2 day drive from diablo lol

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
www.diamondcycle.com a little bit of a drive from Diablo (about one hour) but they have dh bikes on the floor, you might also be able to ask Jamie (the mechanic at Diablo) to order you a bike and have it built etc

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
yo yo yo there are like madd stores yoo. Der be mad ones up in NYC yo. it be called racers edge, tarrytown cycles, downcycles or in nj there is campmor, pedals sports, cycleworks, and some more the 303kid shoould know madd places up in this state yo. yeah btw im white... just throwin that out htere

Falcon 101

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008

Does Jamie from Diablo Shop has an Email or website?.....I have to know what bikes in stock and for how much money.

thnx for the help.

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
yo yo yo there are like madd stores yoo. Der be mad ones up in NYC yo. it be called racers edge, tarrytown cycles, downcycles or in nj there is campmor, pedals sports, cycleworks, and some more the 303kid shoould know madd places up in this state yo. yeah btw im white... just throwin that out htere

just so you know, most americans dont talk like this.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Heh, sorry but I don't know the area/park so that's why I asked.

so first of all thnx for the help, second, do you know the name of the store?
a website will be very very helpful!
As I mentioned before i'm not from the US and I want to be sure where and what shop should I buy from.

btw, I was searching for COMMENCAL bikes but nothing in NYC, Florida and Las-vega.. :hmm: Help someone?
Guess I should search for Ironhorse,Specialized,Kona,Norco,Mongoose..

Bicycle Source on Rt 23 in Pompton Plains (1/2 hour south of Diablo) carries Commencal (and Animal clothing also if you want to look like the 4th Atherton :biggrin:)

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Falcon-

There are a lot of bicycle shops in the Northern NJ / NYC area. You will probably have best luck if you narrow down to a couple specific brands and models of bike you are interested in. Commencal has not entered the US very much, and last I knew there was only one dealer, in New Mexico, who is importing them.

It is my understanding that Diablo will sell bikes; however, they have a partnership with Iron Horse so that's about all you'd have to choose from. As well, it's hard to picture if you've never been there but the base lodge for Diablo is very small and generally only stocks apparel and replacement parts - they wouldn't have the room to showcase bikes like a regular shop. If you are dead set on purchasing a bike through Diablo, best to call them well ahead of time so they can order it and build it prior to your arrival.

Buying a downhill bike is a big investment, and I think your primary concern should be finding the right bike for you rather than who is closest. You can always rent one of the Diablo bikes for the day to see if it feels good, and explore some of the other bike shops with brands you're interested in.

Polish Rambo

Chimp
Aug 3, 2007
Diablo does sell bikes, Iron Horse Sunday Teams to be exact. If you are interested in purchasing a bike at Diablo, send me a PM and I can fill you in on all the details.

Falcon 101

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Falcon-

There are a lot of bicycle shops in the Northern NJ / NYC area. You will probably have best luck if you narrow down to a couple specific brands and models of bike you are interested in. Commencal has not entered the US very much, and last I knew there was only one dealer, in New Mexico, who is importing them.
It is my understanding that Diablo will sell bikes; however, they have a partnership with Iron Horse so that's about all you'd have to choose from. As well, it's hard to picture if you've never been there but the base lodge for Diablo is very small and generally only stocks apparel and replacement parts - they wouldn't have the room to showcase bikes like a regular shop. If you are dead set on purchasing a bike through Diablo, best to call them well ahead of time so they can order it and build it prior to your arrival.
Buying a downhill bike is a big investment, and I think your primary concern should be finding the right bike for you rather than who is closest. You can always rent one of the Diablo bikes for the day to see if it feels good, and explore some of the other bike shops with brands you're interested in.
Hey there SPYLAB,

Look, I said commencal just because I wanted to see what are to prices in the US and if they have a dealer in NYC, Las-Vegas or Florida.

Actually I don't mind at all taking an Iron horse 7point! that was my first bike I wanted cause my friend has one and it's great!

But the problem that i'm seeing here is the fact that no one from all the sellers at the US has a proper shop online! So I can't know the price and I can't see what they are selling.

I'm travelling with my familly in NYC, Las-Vegas and Florida and I don't have time to drive around to far away bike shops.
Just to let you know, in the begining I was searching only for a frame but I see it's not possible.

If you have any suggestion please help!

thnx guys!

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Just out of curiosity, if you do buy a bike over here, how feasible is it going to be to haul around a 45+ pound downhill bike around the country and then back home?

Also, most bike company websites have a suggested retail price, and the bike shops generally stick to that as far as pricing goes.

Falcon 101

Chimp
Jun 4, 2008
Just out of curiosity, if you do buy a bike over here, how feasible is it going to be to haul around a 45+ pound downhill bike around the country and then back home?

Also, most bike company websites have a suggested retail price, and the bike shops generally stick to that as far as pricing goes.
Well I'm sure he's not carrying it, so it shouldn't be that tough.
First of all if i'm buying only the frame so it's not a problem at all-one bag and it's over. if the all bike so just the box and straight to the hotel.

Second, it's true most bike company websites have a suggested retail price but you forgot 2 things: Shipping fee and VAT. And btw, i'm living in Israel and you don't even know what is the price differences from here to the US.

Example: US:Brand new IronHorse 7Point for 2500$ right?
Israel: Brand new IronHorse 7Point for 4540$ !
i'm not joking around this is the real price, now tell me if you want to buy it at that price?