Quantcast

Shop Recommendation

mellow_sparky

Monkey
Aug 21, 2009
Washington State
Anyone have a recommendation for a good local shop (local = Seattle/Eastside area of Washington) that can do things like brake caliper rebuilds? I'm not getting great vibes from the place down the street that they can do stuff like that.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
of course everyone is gonna have their own recommendation. I recommend DownhillZone in Seattle on university. Adam the mechanic there is extremely knowledgeable and an ace wrench! the shop phone number is (206)523-3337.

Last edited:

mtbrider106

Monkey
May 23, 2009
auburn
or you could teach yourself how to fix it and save a bundle. and you get your bike that day not 2 weeks from now. thats what i do i only take my bike to the shop if i need somthing installed i dont yet have the tools for. it will make you a better rider.

daway

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
Seattle
I've had really good experiences at Downhill Zone. On the Eastside, I used to go to Redmond Cycle and thought they were pretty good.

Jun 8, 2006
Washington
If you find no luck in the big city checkout Black Diamond Bike & Backcountry, 360`886`9100, ask for Greg. As for Seattle specific area tho, I would reccomend FluidRide.

selebrin

Chimp
Nov 23, 2007
Seattle
go huck yourself in Renton is a great place to go on the east side
yep those guys or Fluidride know their stuff!!!

my shop, Recycled Cycles, provides awesome service too BUT can't offer much for suspension and hydraulics... everything else is welcomed! and we have really good turnaround time right now... we're open 7 days a week...