Quantcast

Shops in Boulder

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Hey guys, Im living in Edwards till march with my girlfriend and have the opportunity to come down to Boulder every once in a while to buy some stuff for my future bike. I went to Bike Village (where I can get employee discounts since I work for SSV) and could order more less anything they have in their catalogues. I went to the Fix Bikes, and was surprised at how "bad" I was treated from the moment I got into the shop. I dont want to make this a hate thread, but seriously the two guys who where in the shop didnt seem to care that much about my presence and werent the friendly type. They might have some really good stuff, but there CO service sucked. Anyways, any one else know of any good shops? cheerio

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Hmm...that sucks about your experience at teh fix. They are usually pretty laid back. Maybe you caught them on a bad day?

What kind of a shop are you looking for? There are tons of shops around denver/bldr that are more XC/Road/Cyclocross oriented (like the Sports Garage in Boulder). SInce you're posting in the DH forum, I assume DH. The other well-known, well-stocked DH shop is Mojo Wheels west of Denver.

I'm jealous of your current Edwardo residence. Halfway between Vail and the beav!

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
rather than be a dick, you could have simply asked for shop recommendations

especially without founded reasons for the "hate thread"

cheerio
wow, someone is touchy, okay lets make a comparison, since I only went into two shops today.

When I went into bicycle village I was saluted right away, asked how I was and they asked me if I needed anything, to which I responded no and that I only would have a look around. After 5 minutes of going around and looking at their stuff with my girlfriend, I went up to the manager and asked a couple of questions about product availability, frames, forks and other stuff. Even though they didnt have any of the stuff I asked them for, they still gave me some quotes on prices and said they could order it for me. When I left, they said byebye have a nice day.

When I arrived at the fix, I had high expectations from looking on their website. When I went into the store I came across this one guy, to which I said hi, hows it going and got no answer, (he was walking right in front of me... its not like if he didnt hear me). Then this other guy came and sat at the desk. They were laid back, but too much, it was like if I wasnt welcome. And when I left they didnt say a thing either.

It might be little things, but its those little things that will get you back into a shop. They don't know me, but thats more of a reasons for staff at a shop to help a costumer so they will come back. I say this cause I work at a rental shop where I actively treat with people on a daily basis. So even though it was a bad day or not, they could have lightened up a bit.

Anyways, not to get of the thread... Im into downhilling, and wanted to get one of the new boxxers. I know they get out bid March, but I want to check which shops will have them in so I can buy it before I leave. Any ideas? thanks!

Last edited:

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
if it was Phil that ignored you it's only because he's grumpy as hell that he got a 199 in bowling the night before and left the last frame unmarked.

also, i think he might hate minorities.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
You could try University Bikes at 9th and pearl, s'where I work, not going to have DH stuff in stock, but will take the time to see what you need..... Not many shops in Boulder stock that stuff aside from the Fix, Full Cycle would be your next best bet, and most likely the hill location rather than the pearl location.....

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
The guys at the Fix are cool, you just might have got them at a bad time. Full Cycles is pretty decent also, but for your DH needs, just suck it up and go to The Fix, they will most likely have anything you need.

zzsean

Chimp
Jun 29, 2007
Boulder, CO
The guys at the Fix are cool, you just might have got them at a bad time. Full Cycles is pretty decent also, but for your DH needs, just suck it up and go to The Fix, they will most likely have anything you need.
The Fix will have it and have it at a great price as well as just being good guys to talk about options with.

For aggressive riding needs in boulder there really isn't a better store with awesome staff like The Fix.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
So I got a message from Alex the owner and guy working at the shop that day. It was a constructive and positive message, when he could have been angry at what I had said on this forum. This talks alot about him. This takes the bitter taste, I makes me wanna go back. Its nice when people get out of their way for others.

On the other hand, thanks for the tips everyone, Im taking a look into full bike and others! Anyone know if Moab is rideable at this time of year?

ismael

Chimp
Mar 1, 2008
So I got a message from Alex the owner and guy working at the shop that day. It was a constructive and positive message, when he could have been angry at what I had said on this forum. This talks alot about him. This takes the bitter taste, I makes me wanna go back. Its nice when people get out of their way for others.

On the other hand, thanks for the tips everyone, Im taking a look into full bike and others! Anyone know if Moab is rideable at this time of year?
dame el mail del wn pa bacilarmelo por mala clase porfa? jajaja. vay a tener q ir a la caga de the fix bikes nomas y aprobecha de traerme una boxxer.. dale?

jaja, cya in march.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
if it was Phil that ignored you it's only because he's grumpy as hell that he got a 199 in bowling the night before and left the last frame unmarked.

also, i think he might hate minorities.
hahahaha.

the fix is the only shop in boulder that is gonna have your hardcore dh stuff. Alex the owner is a super cool guy, glad he contacted you. Other shops to check out outside of boulder in the denver area are:
wheat ridge cyclery (have not been there in ages but a huge shop, used to work there)
mojo's- huge dh and freeride selection
the denver spoke- nice selection of some dh bits
pedal pushers- just because the owners are cool as hell and the shop is sweet