Quantcast

Shops that will measure for roadbikes/know their ****

Dash01

Chimp
Feb 13, 2004
Seattle, WA
What/where are some shops close to me (Anacortes WA, about 45 minutes south of Bellingham) that know their stuff about road bikes? I need to get measured, or so I'm told. I don't think the bike shop in Anacortes really knows.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
There are some good shops in Seattle. Ti Cycles, Elliot Bay.
There is a guy who builds out of his garage up in Burlington. He also does good paint. Search for Bicycle Specialties.
There are some good web resources that show you how to measure yourself. Basically a step by step procedure of what measurements to take. I think the Curtlo website has that info.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
You really need to check out a lot of frames/sizes to find one thats comfortable for you. Giant and Specialized both make compact frames. Giant makes one with a relaxed geometry that might be worth checking out. The Lemond bikes also have a bit more of an upright riding position. The Specialized Roubaix has built in shock absorbers. The Giant OCR Elite has the relaxed geometry. Both of these bikes you can ride all day without your back giving out. Look real hard at the Giants and Specialized and Lemond and anyone else with a compact frame.

You should get an idea of what size you need by searching the web and taking your own measurements. You can throw all of the measurements out the window if you are over 600 or so and have a long torso.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
kulshan cycles in bellingham
or
bicycle centres in everett
both could fit and show you great size options. And they are both only about 45min away.