Quantcast

Shore riding this weekend

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Anyone know what conditions are like up at the shore this week? I feel like going up to Seymour tomorrow. I know CBC is closed but what about the other trails? How about Eagle, Burke, Sumas? Any info would be appreciated. Anyone else want to go?

Sep 8, 2004
Hey,
I'm pretty curious as well. I'm planning on getting up there on thursday though. It'll be my first trip to the shore, so I'm not sure which spot will be hitting.

-james.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
eagle will have snow on massage therapy. there is snow on that trail from nov->may usually...4LS and dentist should be fine...

seymour is rideable year-round; sans CBC. dales, cbuster, severed, diapers, tnt...they are running great this time of year....not sure about the tourist trails though (neds, cscrew, boogie, pingu, pangor)

i dont touch burke/sumas so i cant help yah on those...fromme is always rideable since the trails are all rock anyways...and cypress is most likely rideable..even if you just lap the lower trails (firehouse, fg, s boy/girl).

enjoy yourselves if you head on up!

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
I just got back from seymour, and it is dry. really dry to the point of....

utter perfection :D

seriously, most of the woodwork is completely dry, a couple things are kinda damp, and all the usual mudholes don't have any mud in them. the rocks are bone dry, the roots are dry, and the trails are that perfect tacky love that you dream about during the dusty summer months. We did one lap down pangor, and the second down boogeyman, and i was clean, along with my bike.

the highlight was watching dave watson fall off a small, low log ride on pangor and land in a swampy area that is always muddy. classic :D (his custom 888 is pretty pimping also!)

It is supposed to be sunny from now till sometime a ways in the future, so if you haven't gotten it yet don't worry, it's only getting better :thumb:

hurricane

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Was just up Eagle on Saturday, rode 4LS, Dentist etc. Conditions were perfect. Judging by the lack of snow at the top of 4LS, Massage Therapy will be clear of snow as well (didn't go up to Massage though)

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
seand said:
eagle will have snow on massage therapy. there is snow on that trail from nov->may usually...4LS and dentist should be fine...

seymour is rideable year-round; sans CBC. dales, cbuster, severed, diapers, tnt...they are running great this time of year....not sure about the tourist trails though (neds, cscrew, boogie, pingu, pangor)

i dont touch burke/sumas so i cant help yah on those...fromme is always rideable since the trails are all rock anyways...and cypress is most likely rideable..even if you just lap the lower trails (firehouse, fg, s boy/girl).

enjoy yourselves if you head on up!
Any chance you care to elaborate on those non-touristy trails. I have only ridden those. Are they close to everything and fast to lap, are they stunted out or flowing trail? Just trying to learn!

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
two1 said:
Any chance you care to elaborate on those non-touristy trails. I have only ridden those. Are they close to everything and fast to lap, are they stunted out or flowing trail? Just trying to learn!

oldschool trails with stunts only in places that NEED them to get over/around erroded or sensitive areas...you know, el-natural :)

all the trails in seymour are semi-close to each other...minus some hidden upper trails. fast to lap? depends on your riding ability.

4ls and dentist had no snow? thats awesome. massage must be running super nice right now..same with fat bastards, wood burner and loggers loop. i have to get up to eagle and cypress soon!!

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Well we went to Seymour on saturday and everything was in great shape. Some loose rocks but nothing to complain about. Trails and woodwork were nearly all dry. Should be some great riding up there this week.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
cbc is closed due to jeremy's (the builder) request - there is some stuff up in the air as to who is going to take over certain sections of that trail as jeremy doesnt want to maintain them anymore...lots-o-politics involved with this trail that you prob dont care about.

if you see the signs going up towards the mushroom lot saying its closed..then its closed.

the downside to cbc being closed is there are some other trails I can't get to without a mild hike...but thats life...there are better trails on the shore than cbc :D

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
cove rider -

we go up every weekend once the snow melt happens. one of the weekends if you wanna tag along, you are more than welcome to.

im always into showing someone some trails that will put an ear to ear grin on their face :)

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
it would be better to PM me when you are avail to go. i dont feel like pm'ing someone every weekend to see if they want to do something :P

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Ditto for me on that, if possible! My Vanilla comes back from the warranty dept next week (hopefully) and I just got a Jr T that is going on the SGS when the rear shock gets back on it...and my skills are finally at a level where I'm into trying to roll some of the trails up there. I've got a car with a rickety rack that has room for one more bike...

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
two1 said:
Hey hollywood, I will show you the non touristy trails the next time I come up but I doubt you will like them. The newer trail off of corkscrew is built well and is pretty fun.
Fromme is running real good right now. Except for Air Supply and the sucka' who was casing the landing on the second hit and broke it all apart. They shortened the landing by about two feet by doing that. LAME!
Jerry Rig is the goods!
See ya!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
oly said:
i miss the shore. never went last year..... this year for sure! wait, can i ride a race bike there?? :D
Come on man! I have been riding my race bikes up there for years! The only difference between your race bike and a typical "shore" bike is the crappy geometry and the 24' rear wheel they set them up with! :stupid:

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
holliswood said:
Come on man! I have been riding my race bikes up there for years! The only difference between your race bike and a typical "shore" bike is the crappy geometry and the 24' rear wheel they set them up with! :stupid:
Dont forget that a shore bike needs to a least tip the scales at like 55+ or so...you know for all the sick drops yo!

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
And Hollis, what up with that new bike? hows that fork? I think I'm gonna get a team, maybe a WC.

I am also just trying to get my post count up. I wanna be top monkey!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
two1 said:
Hollis did you go up there....roll straight through my piece and dis me like that? Damn!!
Sh$t dude, you think I would just blow off a chance to ride wit' a legend? It's just hard to ride with all those flashbulbs going off yo'!

I was up there, but I was invited to tag along with some of my buddies. I didn't want to intrude on the party.
You are going out to the old homestead next Sunday though right? We can catch up on old times this weekend!
Next time I roll through I am grabbing you and and that other poser up in B-ham and well go kick it on our 55 pounders on the shore!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Certified Drunk said:
Holliswood dont like us cramping his style! :mumble:
Ok, thats it! I'm filing the restraining order! :help:
I WAS INVITED ALONG AS THE SEAT FILLER AND I COULD'T INVITE MY STALKER!

"So are we going to Sizzler Shoooter?" 'I thought we were freinds Shooter"

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
two1 said:
And Hollis, what up with that new bike? hows that fork? I think I'm gonna get a team, maybe a WC.

I am also just trying to get my post count up. I wanna be top monkey!

Huh?.......

I am liking the fork and the bike! Everything worked KILLA"! :thumb:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
bibs said:
I had Quiznos today..it was mmm...mmm...good
Yeah, well after our ride yesterday we went to Quiznos and I did a small meatball, regular Italian, bag of chips and a soda! The girl behind the counter asked if it was all fo' me. I said "yup". And all she said was "Damn, thats alot of food!"

She didn't know I went next door after that for some Timbits! "mmmmmm" :drool:

Attachments