Quantcast

Shore riding this weekend

holliswood said:
Yeah, well after our ride yesterday we went to Quiznos and I did a small meatball, regular Italian, bag of chips and a soda! The girl behind the counter asked if it was all fo' me. I said "yup". And all she said was "Damn, thats alot of food!"

She didn't know I went next door after that for some Timbits! "mmmmmm" :drool:

nice work TUBBY! but i had a foot long the other day..it was so good until I burped it up later that night...not so good :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
holliswood said:
Yeah, well after our ride yesterday we went to Quiznos and I did a small meatball, regular Italian, bag of chips and a soda! The girl behind the counter asked if it was all fo' me. I said "yup". And all she said was "Damn, thats alot of food!"

She didn't know I went next door after that for some Timbits! "mmmmmm" :drool:
That picture should be skookum's (tim's) new avatar.....

two1

Monkey
Dec 15, 2004
endub
holliswood said:
Sh$t dude, you think I would just blow off a chance to ride wit' a legend? It's just hard to ride with all those flashbulbs going off yo'!

You are going out to the old homestead next Sunday though right?
HAHA ! I'm just givin' ya a hard time. I was sick all weekend, but did manage to sneek in a few shuttlers on sat. here in the ham with the other poser. And yes I'll be home next weekend. It'll be nice to be on home soil again...I miss it. Plus Jason, Josh and the Crew have been building like crazy! Every time I talk to Ole Beej their up on the hill building something.

Sideshow Bob

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Squamish, BC
holliswood said:
(edit) The newer trail off of corkscrew is built well and is pretty fun. (/edit)
Perhaps you should be asking locals: the trail's not complete yet, and the builder would like folks to stay off of it until it's finished.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Sideshow Bob said:
Perhaps you should be asking locals: the trail's not complete yet, and the builder would like folks to stay off of it until it's finished.
I was told by the trail builders themselves (NSMB) last time I was up that they didn't mind if I rode it once since I helped them put the bridge in over the drainage ditch at the end of the trail in late fall last year. I'm not going to poach unless I have permission.

holliswood said:
I was told by the trail builders themselves (NSMB) last time I was up that they didn't mind if I rode it once since I helped them put the bridge in over the drainage ditch at the end of the trail in late fall last year. I'm not going to poach unless I have permission.
soo eewwww BURN!! ok, kididng Ijust wanted to say that a kid said it to me at work about my Dodgeball team I Mputting togeterh..Hollis oy ustill interested?!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
bibs said:
soo eewwww BURN!! ok, kididng Ijust wanted to say that a kid said it to me at work about my Dodgeball team I Mputting togeterh..Hollis oy ustill interested?!
Bring it on!!!!!! :thumb:
Can my wife still play?
She wants to hurt some people!

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
holliswood said:

first off...nsmb doesnt do the building...nsmbA does. nsmb is just an ezine that focuses on northshore riding in/around the bc vacinity. i mean if nsmb and nsmba merged, i could combine my email addresses and have that much less to check each day :)

secondly, mark (the guy who built corkscrew and the new lower trail that isnt finished yet) put a HUGE rant up on nsmb's forums about trail poaching...esp his trail.

i highly doubt pd, sharon, lee, jason, or mark (to name a few of my fellow nsmba officers that you may have run into and helped) would give someone the go-ahead to poach a trail after helping build unless you walked your bike down to where the trail was being worked on, helped build, and needed to ride out...but i really really doubt you were told its okay to start at the top of a closed trail and ride down because of a little volunteer work...

trails up there close for a reason; usually due to serious trail errosion; and generally aren't opened up to anyone riding them until they are sustainable again.

just dont poach...

seand said:
first off...nsmb doesnt do the building...nsmbA does. nsmb is just an ezine that focuses on northshore riding in/around the bc vacinity. i mean if nsmb and nsmba merged, i could combine my email addresses and have that much less to check each day :)

secondly, mark (the guy who built corkscrew and the new lower trail that isnt finished yet) put a HUGE rant up on nsmb's forums about trail poaching...esp his trail.

i highly doubt pd, sharon, lee, jason, or mark (to name a few of my fellow nsmba officers that you may have run into and helped) would give someone the go-ahead to poach a trail after helping build unless you walked your bike down to where the trail was being worked on, helped build, and needed to ride out...but i really really doubt you were told its okay to start at the top of a closed trail and ride down because of a little volunteer work...

trails up there close for a reason; usually due to serious trail errosion; and generally aren't opened up to anyone riding them until they are sustainable again.

just dont poach...
dood, you say all that liek he is a newb. Ole Hollis knows many peopel and spends more time up there than many canadians. Some one gave him the A-OK, other wise he wouldnt poach and brag....so technically, he didnt poach. People flexing e-muscles...sean..come on now...ease up. :thumb:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
seand said:

just dont poach...
Wow! You got me. :confused:

Get a life!

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
bibs man..no e-muscles flexing...just digging deeper... :)

holliswood -

whatever man. not looking to fight with you; just made no sense to me why a builder would tell someone to ride a trail when there is such a big deal made out of people not riding them when closed. if you got special treatment, all the power to yah.

...anyways

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
seand said:

holliswood -

whatever man. not looking to fight with you; just made no sense to me why a builder would tell someone to ride a trail when there is such a big deal made out of people not riding them when closed. if you got special treatment, all the power to yah.

...anyways
Sean,
I don't feel like I have to explain anything to you about what was said or from who but I will leave it up to you to name drop and point fingers. I have never rode that trail nor have I ever rode a trail where NSMBA (sorry, forgot the A earlier) has had it closed. I have walked down it and helped do a small part of the building, but I have yet to ride it even though a dark haired, late 40ish guy in an NSMBA shirt and a chainsaw who I have talked to several times gave me the OK to ride the trail to compact the soil. I truly respect what that oganiziation is doing in the area to keep trails open and maintained. What I have no respect for is someone who jumps to conclusions before asking any quistions about something he read. Wether someone is an officer or just donates to the cause, please get off your high horse and remember the job you do is not to be a "trail cop", but for the good of the trails and its riders.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
seand said:

holliswood -

...anyways
And would'nt "digging deeper" mean asking ? :confused:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
or

I loved it the one year we went up to ride seymore bearing in mind that when its wet CBC is closed. We were fine with that and planned to stay low. Well, a group of locals came ripping down saying how good CBC was. The catch was the trail was frozen in most parts. When i talked of it on NSMB i got bitched at, because i was a stupid yank who wasnt following the rules.... Hm, funny how that stuff goes... something about not having the whole story......

oly said:
or

I loved it the one year we went up to ride seymore bearing in mind that when its wet CBC is closed. We were fine with that and planned to stay low. Well, a group of locals came ripping down saying how good CBC was. The catch was the trail was frozen in most parts. When i talked of it on NSMB i got bitched at, because i was a stupid yank who wasnt following the rules.... Hm, funny how that stuff goes... something about not having the whole story......
Dude, why did oyu jus tdraw two naked guys fighting?? thats kinda weird! :D :thumb: :evil:

Certified Drunk

SVT-Lightning
Feb 17, 2002
Zippy's Burgers
seand said:

just dont poach...
Sorry to bust your rant! I was with Kim on that day and We had permission to ride the trail!