Quantcast

short-medium travel freerider

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
i have been very happy with my morewood shova. its 6 and 6 and weighs in at about 34lbs with a pretty burly part spec. however to 2006 they redesigned the shorter travel shova to 4.5 i believe and made it more of an xc/trail bike but they also offer the shova lt which i believe is a 7" travel bike. i couldn't be more happy with the capabilities of this bike as well as the tremendous customer service.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If I said I had a bike with 6.175" of efficient rear wheel travel, stiff as all get up, and weighed only 28lbs would you believe it? By the way the bike has a 68.3deg head tube angle and 68.8deg seat tube angle with a falling rate of suspension (plush) with an adjustable platform.

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
jdcamb said:
If I said I had a bike with 6.175" of efficient rear wheel travel, stiff as all get up, and weighed only 28lbs would you believe it? By the way the bike has a 68.3deg head tube angle and 68.8deg seat tube angle with a falling rate of suspension (plush) with an adjustable platform.
maverick ml8?

R

richcreek

The SXTrail is a really nice bike. 6 inches of travel to i think...

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
jdcamb said:
Falling rate = utter garbage.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Kadvang said:
Falling rate = utter garbage.
Why is that? My bike ride great. Slightly falling rate pivot to axle arc (single pivot) + rising rate air spring with platform = near linear damping (mimics a coil for the most part)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
DirtyMike said:
That still workingout for you ??? Any troubles yet??? downfalls??
And of coarse what syour longest ride now??
Yes very much so. No troubles at all. I have adjusted it to my buds recommendations, but set it back to what I had it. The longest ride so far was 12 miles in the snow. I have had 3 other rides also. 1 play/erban ride just fooling around adjusting it. 1 frozen ground ride with lots of climbs. And another short snow ride. It is wicked plush and active with the platform set at 80lbs and very efficient and sprinty with the platform set at 90lbs. I am going to try 85lbs next. It climbs as well as before the cut. It does ride a little higher and I had to put the nose of the saddle higher, yet the BB is the same height in my sagged riding position. We can't figure that out. I can't wait for a nice day to really get out on it. So far so good.....

Jabuttri

Monkey
Sep 16, 2005
Bellingham & Portland
yeah, I think i will steer away from canondale bikes. one of my buddies cracked a gemini last october off of a 6 foot log drop. I can't have one of those things breaking under me.