Quantcast

Short Stack Stems

trialsboy50

Monkey
Nov 23, 2004
My ritchey stem is too tall for my boxxer/bullit combo, or it comes to close on the steerer, whats the strongest and shortest stem for a DH/FR bike, standard clamp?

THanks
Byron

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I had an On-One Reetard stem that I loved and that was quite short. Beefy and strong. 45mm reach. I think KORE used to make one, too (B-1B???).

toby

trialsboy50

Monkey
Nov 23, 2004
I think I may go with just a Thomson. THe Rithcey i was using was like 2.25", and a Thomson looks like a 1.6", which would bring a lot more peace of mind.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
trialsboy50 said:
Damn thats good looking, where do I get SIC sstuff and do they have an EP program?

I would give them a call, and hope for EP pricing, 'cause they ain't cheap :dead:

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
trialsboy50 said:
Damn thats good looking, where do I get SIC sstuff and do they have an EP program?
I got some stuff from them at i think EP price...theyre cool...just give them a ring.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I have like next to no steer tube so I am limited to low stack height stems. I have had good luck with raceface stems (the diablous and Zueus?) stems. I know a Easton stem (EA70) was leaps and bounds too tall.

The FUNN or SIC stems would be a good DH choice, and if not go with a Diablous, those things are sweet and bulletproof!

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
dexterq20 said:
No! Avoid Atomlab! Atomlab bad!
Well what's so bad about the Aircorp stem ? Is it because it has the Atomlab name & logo on it ?
It's just a piece of solid Alu.
It's not like their rims or hubs or pedals or .....all the rest of the Atomlab stuff that failed on me.