Quantcast

Short vid of our new FR/DH trail area

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We are having a local raffle to raise money for a trail system evaluation in Kalispell Montana. We will be raffling off 4 high end mountain bikes; 2011 Specialized Evo, 2010 Specialized Big Hit, 2011 Kona Operator, and a 2011 Trek Scratch. At the raffle we will be handing out 15-DVDs, T-shirts, socks, 5.10 shoes, and 3-helmets that have been donated by local bike shops and online retailers. Prizes and bikes amount to almost $20,000!! The raffle will be after our Pedal Driven premier in Bigfork.

Here is a short video we made about what we are trying to do. Let me know what you think about the video. Also, we are trying to get as many people to join the Facebook page as possible to show their is support for a trail system.

If you are on Facebook please join our page.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_162388947122609&notif_t=group_activity

Here is the video.

Special thanks to Kris and Go-Ride for helping us out.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Come on guys. Im not trying to sell you tickets... we cant sell them out of state anyway. We are trying to get members on Facebook, so the Forest Service sees that people are interested in mountain biking. Please become a member and watch the video, so they see the number viewed.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Please watch the video and get us some numbers. Also, please join our Facebook page as we need to show the Forest Service that people are interested in what we are doing.

Thanks again Ridmonkey crew!

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Get this. The Forest Service is giving us a ticket for filming the video on Forest Service land. They are saying we needed a permit to make a video that is for profit. What a bunch of crap. Thanks for kicking us when we are down Forest Circus.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Get this. The Forest Service is giving us a ticket for filming the video on Forest Service land. They are saying we needed a permit to make a video that is for profit. What a bunch of crap. Thanks for kicking us when we are down Forest Circus.
Beauraucracy at its finest.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
More news.
My buddy Ron goes to the Forest Service to get a special use permit to make another film about the Crane Mountain Trails and to possibly get out of the first ticket.

They denied him the permit and tell him he needs to talk to someone higher up. They keep passing the buck.

Please join our Facebook page and post your opinions. They are keeping tabs on the page.

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
HAHA. Ya, they are simply making life difficult and don't want you guys in the area.
Ya think. :)

He is trying to follow all their rules. The funny thing about the ticket was they had a meeting and everything sounded promising. Then when the meeting was over, they pull him in another room and give him the ticket.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
So after stopping at the Forest Service main office and going through 4 people and getting to talk to the main guy, my buddy finally got an application for a special use permit. Now he has to get it approved so we can film another video for the raffle. They did say if we raise the $25k and the NEPA evaluation passes we can be digging on our trails in the spring. If this happens this will be a HUGE step for FR/DH bike trails in Montana.

Please watch the youtube video and join our Facebook page listed above. We want to show them that people are interested and support what we are doing.

We rode the trails this last weekend and 13 people showed up. They were all amazed at what had been done so far and most said they were the most techy trails they had ever ridden.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
trails look like fun. your friend has some balls for riding there on that cannondale.
We just got him into biking. He bought a Sticky three days after the video was filmed.

Thanks everyone for becoming a member. We need more please.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Kntr,

If you have not seen Pedal Driven check it out. It is a documentary about the difficulty of opening legal trails. It shows how riders around the country are dealing with the issue.

I saw the premier at Sea Otter and was impressed.

http://pedaldriven.howellatthemoon.com/

Edit: Screening in Bozeman on the 18th. There may be some good people for you to connect with.

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Kntr,

If you have not seen Pedal Driven check it out. It is a documentary about the difficulty of opening legal trails. It shows how riders around the country are dealing with the issue.

I saw the premier at Sea Otter and was impressed.

http://pedaldriven.howellatthemoon.com/

Edit: Screening in Bozeman on the 18th. There may be some good people for you to connect with.
Did that awhile ago. :) We already have a copy of Pedal Driven. We are showing Pedal Driven on June 10th and our raffle is afterwards. Two guys from Howell at the Moon Productions will be there to speak. Thanks for the info though. This is going to be huge for Montana.

For some reason we are not listed on the main page but we are listed on the tour dates list.

Montana
BIGFORK
June 10: Bigfork Elementary
600 Commerce St, Big Fork MT, 59991

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We hit 200 members on Facebook and 1000 views on our video.

Please help us out and join on Facebook and watch the video.

Things are looking good so far. We will be showing Pedal Driven before the raffle and two member from Howell at the Moon Productions will be attending. This is huge for Montana.

Patrick L

Chimp
Feb 14, 2010
Peoria/Kansas City/Bozeman
Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I have a group of buddys that might be coming up from Bozeman for the premier. They also go with us to Whistler every year. You should get ahold of them and see what the plan is.

Please join our FB page and show support. I will do do the same and I will get your FB page out to my crew.

Last edited: