Quantcast

short video

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Nice footage! Lotsa good shots. Enough fun stuff to not get bored of the standard helmet cam singletrack shot.

ncg53

Chimp
Oct 31, 2005
SWEET! That looks like a sweet place to ride, I like that first nice drop(that you took some vid - not helmet cam), looks fun. Nice editing, the music goes well with it. Keep it up!
Nick

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Nice, looks like a lot of fun. So that's what Montana is like huh?!?!

Yeah, pretty good bail. I'll bet the owner of the other bike on the ground took a big gasp lol...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
ALL the footage was shot with the helmet cam. Google video is crap for quality and color. The original is a lot clearer and color is much better.

Does anyone know where I can host the video that will keep it in its original clearity?

It was shot 30 min from my house.

I liked how you could see where I started to fall off the skinny drop. I missed the last few rungs. I thought I was dead. You could see my buddies standing on both sides looking up.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Dear lord, that is huge. Surely you can compress it...I know we've had 3-4 minute vids on putfile and the quality was far better than yours on google... I wish I knew more about how to compress files. Hopefully someone will chime in cause I'd love to rewatch your vid with a bit more clarity.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Point 1) That was the most graceful bail I have ever seen on that step-up.

Point 2) DANG those trails look fun. Where is that?
Wurd on the bail!

Some of those tranny's look smooth. :thumb:

ncg53

Chimp
Oct 31, 2005
Use Windows media encoder (can download for free from windows website) Settup source as- file- find the file in the browse.. "output" as archive to file(only- unclick the others) "compression" you can use one of the standard profiles, or click edit(i suggest you do this) I used to like variable bit rate, but CBR seems to work well, and is faster(1 pass) - VBR does some weird stuff sometimes.. Could also try mpeg4 but I usually just do the "windows media video 9" - click the tab on the top to change the bitrate.. change the audio down to somethin like 20kbps, 22khz - mono.. or go higher if thats not good nuff for you.. video data rate-- depends on how long of a clip youve got.. you can calculate it out.. or guess.. try something like 800.. i usually put video smoothness to like 90 and I leave video size same as input.. - click ok... then click apply in the main properties screen.. then start compression.. Try to get your file as close to 25 mb as possible.(or under) and put it on putfile.. putfile is the only(along with snowpics.com- but I dont know the details on their hosting.. dont know if they keep stuff up forever) free hosting service I have found that doesnt compress your video after you upload it, so what you upload is what you see when it plays..(google for instance compresses it after you upload.. and does a crappy job at it too)
good luck
Nick

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The ladder drops weren't my favorite but the rest was cool.

On Google Video, make the open window smaller and it will decrease the video size so it's not so grainy.