Quantcast

Shorts???

Recommend me a pair of dedicated DH shorts that are not super baggy at the leg!!

I've been using regular shorts and I'm a little tired of the real baggy leg opening.

I'm looking for a more tapered design. Not tight. Just not real loose.

Any suggestions?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
TLD Moto shorts
I also recommend those, but he said not baggy openings and I have a funny story about that: I was at the US Open and getting ready to do a run down upper dominion when I stood up to sprint before the first jump and in my vigor the opening of my moto shorts got caught in the lower trigger on my x.9 shifter and sent me flying over the handlebars into the dirt. My friends got a good laugh out of it. :rolleyes:

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
DaKine 8 Track, perfect fit and a recoil pass pocket!!! Bryn's been wearing them on the WC circuit this year.

jules

Chimp
Aug 3, 2010
My vote also for the tld moto. I wouldn't say they are baggy. They have 3 pockets, so good for park riding. For next season, will also look up a pair of sprints (in need of some red shorts).

If you can have only one pair of shorts, then I would only look at shorts with pockets, a bit more versatile.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My vote also for the tld moto. I wouldn't say they are baggy. They have 3 pockets, so good for park riding. For next season, will also look up a pair of sprints (in need of some red shorts).

If you can have only one pair of shorts, then I would only look at shorts with pockets, a bit more versatile.
2nd that. I bought mine because my fox shorts where of really crappy quality (the rubber thing fell off...) and had no pockets. They defo are much less tear prone though foxes were tighter.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Recommend me a pair of dedicated DH shorts that are not super baggy at the leg!!

I've been using regular shorts and I'm a little tired of the real baggy leg opening.

I'm looking for a more tapered design. Not tight. Just not real loose.

Any suggestions?
2009 Model year Oakley Ballistic. You'll know them by the full length mesh vented panel. :thumb:

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
I have the 2010 oakley rock drop shorts, I love em so much I bought a few pairs. On a fail note, the have no pockets, no pass attachments of any sort and they are 110 bones retail. But damn they work so well and are durable, comfortable and the construction is awesome. To compare these are more of a knicker, think RaceFace DH short from a couple years, back. They are definitely less baggy than the Dakine 8tracks, which I do love and have actual features, and cost a fair amount less (20-30$)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
You think Rock Drop's aren't baggy? Weird.

I've got a set of the Oakley Stair Step's that just came out and they fit good. And Joe Public would NEVER know you're wearing a tech short. Only downside (for some) is the chamois is built in, non removable. Super comfy though and two lightweight, pretty big zippered pockets. Here's a pic.

I'm 5'10", they're size 34 waist. I wear a 30" inseam pant...stumpy legs :D

And of the Ballistics..which are online everywhere since they're not 2010...but really wish they made this exact pair still. Also, chamois is removeable:

Patrick L

Chimp
Feb 14, 2010
Peoria/Kansas City/Bozeman
Does anyone know how the Dakine Chorus compare to the 8 Track? they look pretty similar except that the Chorus has a few more pockets. Where is the 3rd pocket on the 8 Track?

Last edited:

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
The 3rd pocket is on the right leg, the zip is nearly invisible. It also features vents with zippers on the inside of the legs. Good shorts, just a tad bit shorter than the TLD shorts.