Quantcast

Should I buy a foes zigzag FS?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
What is your intended use?
The only thing I dont like is that seatpost angle. It may keep you from dong any sort of trail ride on it.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
LOL... Believe it or not, I was thinking about getting another Arrow DS3. It was actually one of the more fun bikes I've had. just not many 24in tire choices around any more.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
This would be just a DJ, slalom, bike park bike. Like the arrow, exactly. I loved the arrow for downs, just not ups, and sadly I was doing more up and flat than down and jumpy....but now Highland is open, and burke mountain is open, and I have a backyard to build dirt jumps in....hmmmm

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
This would be just a DJ, slalom, bike park bike. Like the arrow, exactly. I loved the arrow for downs, just not ups, and sadly I was doing more up and flat than down and jumpy....but now Highland is open, and burke mountain is open, and I have a backyard to build dirt jumps in....hmmmm
Were you using the Romic I sold it to you with as well? I wonder how a new breed of shock would work on there. Something with built in platform.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Were you using the Romic I sold it to you with as well? I wonder how a new breed of shock would work on there. Something with built in platform.
I never had a romic with that bike, just the Vanilla RC. I would never consider that bike or design for anywhere you had to pedal; it was horrible. I'd buy one again with an airshock though, and use it for Highland, Burke, and dirt jumps in between. The ability to adjust spring pressure would have been a great advantage, but the bike pedaled worse than my brooklyn, sunday, or Lawwill DH bikes, and it had half the travel.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i had a foes zigzag for slalom and bmx cruiser class racing. it was a fun, flickable little bike. if the price is right, i'd recommend that you get it.

i had a romic coil on mine...it was alright, would prob throw an airshock on it just to save weight.
did you have a small or medium, and how tall are you?

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Is it the hardtail or FS version? Weren't they known to crack in the rear triangle? Sexy bike nonetheless. Blasting down Jester with that must be gooooooood stuff

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I'd buy an older Tazer instead. The TT is longer and they can be had for cheap. Good bike, fairly stiff, and fun to ride.

kamomatt

Chimp
Aug 1, 2005
Chicago
I have one I believe it is a med with the fox rc for sale it crushed my arm years ago never rode it after that.
let me know It would rail turns that is for sure.