Quantcast

should i buy a Kona Stinky 2005 (normal stinky) or a Kona Stinky 2006 (normal stinky)

edwinrdz

Monkey
May 30, 2006
hi, i don't know if the 2005 is better than the 2006 !! ahhhh help me please !!!!!.....and if someone is selling one kona stinky please tell me how much you want !!!!.....thanks !

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
You should probably just get a used Santa Cruz Bullit, they'll handle pretty much anything. And have you seen the rootbeer paintjob? It's pretty dope. My friend told me that he was able to fit a 3.0 Gazzaloddi tire in the rear of his Bullit too. I don't think you can fit that big of a tire on a Stinky. Just my $0.02.

EuroNewbie

Chimp
May 14, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I have an '05 Stinky with Fox 40 it has been a sweet ride, and easily handles everything here in the southeast. But I would love to get my hands on an '06 I think the new frame design is "hawt":banana: , although I have not ridden one yet.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
You need a Bullit. They are lighter, have better geometry and you can put a 3" tire on it for those drop-to-flat sessions.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Edwin, find a shop where you can ride different bikes first and find something you like. dexter and mtbn are way too gnar to answer a straight question, because they think if you don't ride what they ride then you suck, but they're punk kids, so don't worry about it.

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
Dude, the guy asked about a Stinky not a bullit. And the bullit will prob. 2X the price of a Kona.

Get what ever is cheaper, they are pretty much the same bike execpt for the build kit.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
A Stinky is a great beginner bike. It's no Sunday but it's a fine and cheap bike for a person getting into the scene.

I say get the 06 and get the new rockers. Teh low standover is key.