Quantcast

Should i go and get the H1N1 vaccination?

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
I have already had the h1n1 flu, and it is not fun. I had not had a cold or flu in over 10 years, and was completely laid out from this one. Started out the week before thanksgiving, One week in bed, followed by a bad case of bronchitis. Finally over everything in the last week. If you can get a shot to avoid it, I would. Both my wife and daughter got the vaccine, I did not.....

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I would get it if you are exposed to a lot of people often, if your a old mother fukker or if you have weakened immune system.

Stay away from the circus and Carnies and you shoul dbe pretty safe

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if you are dying to be sick on your road trip...fvck yeah.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
I typically do not get any kind of flu vaccine but i am concerned about getting sick on my road trip...i really dont want to get out there and waste a week or two layed up on a couch in my friends house all the way across the country.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
if you are dying to be sick on your road trip...fvck yeah.

what do you mean? it is not an active virus...it wont make you sick. it takes about 2 weeks for it to fully work. most people that get sick after taking it were on their way to getting sick anyway and it is just happenstance that the timing worked out that way.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
OK

I and every other firefighter in the county got the H1N1 shot, no one had a bad reaction to getting vaccinated and none of us got the swine flu.

every person I know that has come down with H1N1 [only 5] has said it was the worst flu they have every had, one ended up in the hospital and they all wish that they had gotten the vaccination.

so take your pick: get the shot and don't worry about it or roll the dice and don't it's your choice

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Go get yer shot uneducated SHEEPLE !!!!
When did you become an MD specializing in vaccination?

The mercury in a shot is the same as can of tuna only it takes your body five times longer to excrete the mercury from fish because its a different type of mercury. There is even more mercury in a fresh tuna or swordfish steak so if you want to be tinfoil hat "safe", you'll give up fish before vaccinations.

If you have any tattoos, you have been exposed the same preservative. Its been in use for over 80 years and has been administer literally billions of times with a proven safety record. Vaccinations have saved millions of lives though misinformation like yours has probably canceled that out:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
If you have epilepsy or other nervous system disorders you shouldn't get a flu vaccine of any kind.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well i htink i am going to pull the trigger and go get it. it is free so thats good. I have never had the flu before of any kind and my main concern is the extreme climate change I will be experiencing between the soggy southeast and the dry arid southwest....i just dont want to waste any of my trip being sick. I have only been dreaming about this adventure for 10 years or so.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
^^More junk science from mental midgets, yay!^^

Come back when you have a simple grasp of basic research skills and valid sources of information.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Needles, ick.

Don't do it man. It's a gateway drug.

You'll be strung out in a week and found dead with a hot shot by the end of the month. You'll never get the needle out of your arm kid.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Needles, ick.

Don't do it man. It's a gateway drug.

You'll be strung out in a week and found dead with a hot shot by the end of the month. You'll never get the needle out of your arm kid.
no worries man. i dont have addictive DNA like Brittany Murphy does.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
seriously...that girl has something going on bigger than the flu shot......its the exact shame shot they have always administered just with a different virus in it.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
had h1n1. not as bad as they say.

I say start licking door knobs...it should have the same effect as the flu shot.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Proper vitamin D supplementation and you will not need the stupid F'N vaccine. However studies on Vitamin D are not out yet, as it's relatively new information that the RDA for vitamin D is grossly inadequate.

I've been doing 6000 i/u for about 2 years and haven't had as much as a sniffle.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
seriously...that girl has something going on bigger than the flu shot......its the exact shame shot they have always administered just with a different virus in it.
If you have neurological disorders you're supposed to consult your doctor first before getting a flu shot (regardless of H1N1). That doesn't necessarily apply to other vaccines. Its something with how the vaccine interacts with the nervous system.