Quantcast

Should I have fought? Or am I a pvssy?

What should I have done when I was threatened by a drunken co-worker?

• Cry and plead for my life

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Fight fight fight

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Clocked him with a 16 inch crescent wrench

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Go back tomorrow and punch him out... when he is sober

Votes: 12 25.5%

• Total voters

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
SkaredShtles said:
Why doesn't this guy get fired for his retarded behavior? Was he working during this display?
Yes.

My boss, a nice guy, is the worst displinarian ever. This isn't the first time this guy has been drunk at my shop, or the 10th time.

Without doing some jackass play, like threatening to file a complaint unless he quits, I think this is the end of my summer at the shop.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
drt_jumper said:
I have had a couple of friends like that...all I do is put up with their crap for a while or leave the situation, then talk to them the next day. Explain to them that they were acting like a moron and usually they apologize, and it doesnt happen again. But if it happens again then fight, and just cause someone is bigger than you, and supposedly can fight doesnt mean they cant be whipped, I have been in my fair share of fights in my life...being Italian and short through school made it that way, I have gotten beat but usually came out on top. I am not superman like that other guy who has never lost a fight....dont believe it, or he must have been parapalegics or something.
We tell him he was acting like an idiot, he is an alchy and wont stop

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
sanjuro said:
That's a good question, one I asked myself. Would I have fought him if I knew I could take him?

On the other hand, I have never let anyone back me down, and the reason why I did not fight him was not because I was scared of him.

Anyway, if he taken a poke at me, I would have kicked him in the nuts then knocked into a display case.
Fair enough.

By the way, when are we ganna fight?

ChuMaiWang

Chimp
Jun 30, 2006
Living in Texas (I know, it is not by choice) as taught me a lot about this subject. Here in TX, too many folks carry guns to be fighting over trivial stuff like this.

I realize it sucks to be the one that "steps down", but again, I would rather walk away than be pushing up daisies because some moron with a gun could not hold his temper.

ChuMaiWang

Chimp
Jun 30, 2006
SkaredShtles said:
I don't know of anyone personally, but I'm sure there are lots of Texans who would buy it.

I hear ya.

When I get ready to relocate, that is what I'll do. Until then, I will just have to suffer in the heat and drive to the mountains.

:nopity:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
TheMontashu said:
Fair enough.

By the way, when are we ganna fight?
I have to be nice to you now because someone has to take on Elaine when I am beating on that guy.

P.S. TheMontashu informs me the guy who threatened me came to work drunk, tried to steal two bikes, then his girlfriend tried to get him to go after the boss. We need two new people at the shop now.

P.P.S. I did notice that the boss didn't fire him because he threatened me. Next poll question: Should my feelings be hurt, should I file a lawsuit because of an unsafe workplace, or am I a pvssy?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
nothing worse than a billigerent drunk.

first hand experience says you did the right thing.
keep your distance till he's sober.

then waylay his sorry @$$.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
dhbuilder said:
nothing worse than a billigerent drunk.

first hand experience says you did the right thing.
keep your distance till he's sober.

then waylay his sorry @$$.
Sober in a real fist fight sajuro would get the crap kicked out of him, he would need a gun, large blunt object, or something sharp.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
TheMontashu said:
Sober in a real fist fight sajuro would get the crap kicked out of him, he would need a gun, large blunt object, or something sharp.
You don't think sobbing and pleading would work?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
"just because you fight doesn't mean you aren't a pvssy!":rofl:

and just because you walk away doesn't mean you are the bigger person!":redhot: "

My friend Paul is always good for a quote that will make you LYAO

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
TheMontashu said:
LOL! I was just waiting for the guns to come up...

Yep you sould have just shot him man. You mean you weren't packin? Not even a knife? Well I guess you could always just stab or shoot him later. Latent self defense...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I try to remember someone is drunk when they are acting a fool. I'd confront him when he is sober... no punch him out but at least give him a WTF! Of course I dont know why he was threatening you, did you do something?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
golgiaparatus said:
I try to remember someone is drunk when they are acting a fool. I'd confront him when he is sober... no punch him out but at least give him a WTF! Of course I dont know why he was threatening you, did you do something?
When he gets drunk he tries to fight people, once he tried to fight a UFC type fighter who works at the tat shop next door and he also tried to fight a guy with a metal hand.

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
the ghetto of winston-salem, nc
TheMontashu said:
When he gets drunk he tries to fight people, once he tried to fight a UFC type fighter who works at the tat shop next door and he also tried to fight a guy with a metal hand.
send him my way.........ill feed him a 5th and hand him an ass kicking that he wont forget............i hate dicks like that............

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Size and muscles have less to do with fighting skill than psychological focus and a well-developed mean streak. The ability to remain calm and mentally active during a fight is the most difficult facet of fighting to learn, in my opinion. Either way, if he thought he woulda been whipped before going into the fight, he probably woulda been. Pride goes before the fall.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
llkoolkeg said:
Size and muscles have less to do with fighting skill than psychological focus and a well-developed mean streak. The ability to remain calm and mentally active during a fight is the most difficult facet of fighting to learn, in my opinion. Either way, if he thought he woulda been whipped before going into the fight, he probably woulda been. Pride goes before the fall.
Well, the guy got a year in juvey for shooting some one with a pellet gun, then end up turning it into something like 5 years on top of that were added on when he was in for fighting

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
As a follow up, my boss rehired this idiot and his dum ass g/f. I won't work another day there, although I am considering starting some sh*t for funsies.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
So what was the "final" resolution?
Because the owner is soft-hearted, this guy and his psycho g/f kept popping in and out of the shop for months until they stole a bike (I believe).

This guy was supposed to be going to airplane mechanic school until his g/f couldn't afford the anti-drinking medication he was on (I forget the name, but it makes you ill when you consume booze). That was a source of humor and consternation for weeks.

The most recent update is that over the holidays, the psycho g/f had some huge episode and tried to call 911. This guy took away the phone before she could complete the call, which is a felony in California, and now he is in jail, a very familiar place for him. The g/f's kids were put into protective custody, and that's all I know.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Because the owner is soft-hearted, this guy and his psycho g/f kept popping in and out of the shop for months until they stole a bike (I believe).

This guy was supposed to be going to airplane mechanic school until his g/f couldn't afford the anti-drinking medication he was on (I forget the name, but it makes you ill when you consume booze). That was a source of humor and consternation for weeks.

The most recent update is that over the holidays, the psycho g/f had some huge episode and tried to call 911. This guy took away the phone before she could complete the call, which is a felony in California, and now he is in jail, a very familiar place for him. The g/f's kids were put into protective custody, and that's all I know.

My shop mech takes it too. :dead:

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
The best way to deal with a belligerent drunk is to learn some submission holds. Ones that induce a great deal of pain, but no real or sustained damage.

One of the hardest things I have to teach my students is how to stay calm under pressure and how to clear your mind. Having a clear mind in a stressful situation is the difference between walking out and being carried out.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA

Thanks for the update. I had a feeling this wasn't over.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The best way to deal with a belligerent drunk is to learn some submission holds. Ones that induce a great deal of pain, but no real or sustained damage.

One of the hardest things I have to teach my students is how to stay calm under pressure and how to clear your mind. Having a clear mind in a stressful situation is the difference between walking out and being carried out.
So crying and begging for my life was not the best way to handle this?

I did buy a sniper rifle for the next time someone crosses me.