Quantcast

should I tell my boss?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I am currently seeking another job with the same company, just in another dept. & I am in the running for two jobs right now & wonder if I should mention it to my boss. She will eventually hear through the grapevine because of all the gossip that goes on at work. I have my mind made up, I just wanted to hear some other perspectives, since I am starting to get jaded about the dept. I work in now & my $hitty boss.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
yes tell her... "Boss in order to pontificate my professional career within the great company of ours I thought it in my best interest to apply for............"

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Probably better she hear it from you, although if she's the type that will try to screw you over, then it might be better to wait until the last second, even if that means she hears it through the grapevine.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
you might as well tell her since she will find out sooner or later. I don't know how your company works, but here lets say one of my employee wants to apply for a position in another group - I have to sign an approve an Internal Job Application Form even before he/she can even start to interview with the other group.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Echo said:
Probably better she hear it from you, although if she's the type that will try to screw you over, then it might be better to wait until the last second, even if that means she hears it through the grapevine.
....this is my reasoning for not telling her yet. she is psycho.
:help:

Cursor

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
can't find on mapquest
i would mention it.
there's a girl here at work that might change positions and her boss (more my level) is pissed off that the girl has not mentioned it to her. while you think your just keeping it low key, the boss looks at it like you're keeping it as a secret from her/him.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i dont know about your company but mine has a policy that requires my current management to fill out a form for intercompany position changes. she'll end up writing a refferal for you any way.

Cursor

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
can't find on mapquest
TN said:
....this is my reasoning for not telling her yet. she is psycho.
:help:
the boss i mentioned above is also psycho. but she's gonna try and screw this girl over either way. so she might as well just get it out in the open now........the only bad thing is if she doesn't get the new position. :dead:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
biggins said:
i dont know about your company but mine has a policy that requires my current management to fill out a form for intercompany position changes. she'll end up writing a refferal for you any way.
same here..

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Acadian said:
you might as well tell her since she will find out sooner or later. I don't know how your company works, but here lets say one of my employee wants to apply for a position in another group - I have to sign an approve an Internal Job Application Form even before he/she can even start to interview with the other group.

Oh gawd... could there be anything worse than working for a frenchie?
;) :nuts: :eviltongu :devil:

Actually, I'd work for you Luc.