Quantcast

Show off yer sick bikes

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003

Except now instead of those cheap Ringe ZuZu's I got some gold Crankbro's 5050xx's on it. And instead of Protapers I got Easton EA70 low rise bars.

Total build is pretty light, low 42-43lbs. Not too shabby with a heafty wheelset!

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Adam Novatt said:
Im getting this bike with, a 36 talas, mrp, and hayes mag, and crankbro's 5050xx. The rest is pritty much the same except for xt instead of the Xo's, but i wished i could afford them.
Nothing wrong with xt, but if you have a choice I would go with x9 or x7...way better shifting system and with the FSR designs it will give you a lot less chain slap. I have x9 on the Demo and Enduro, smooth and much better performing that Shimano imo. That's coming from a guy that actually likes Shimano stuff.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY

I don't get this one, but it's the almost finished, and final prototype for our hardtail. Pretty excited about it, it's comming out great.

The "extreme freeride" frame. I hate to use the word freeride because it doesn't really mean anything, and since it's not really a downhill race bike I don't want to call it that either. This was a suspension prototype. We eventually destroyed it for some "destructive testing", but the new one will remain very similar.

atb

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
the north shore
my dhr. (i'm waiting for a 220mm rotor so i can use the front m4, and some new crank bro's pedals)

and my 4by (now with a 2005 dj1, and soon to have a fox van rc rear shock)

mijnnewt

Chimp
Sep 11, 2005
The Netherlands
specs:

FRAME gemini DH repl small
wheelset DT (freeride Rim / hub)
fork fox DH40 RC2
Shock DHX 5.0
crankset diabolus race face
DRS dual ring E-type 32-40,
tires syncros BHT factory F+R
dh syncros Factory
stem dh syncros 50
sadle syncros dh
pedals syncros mental race alloy
cassette xt
gustav m rear
hope disc moni 6ti front 225mm
rear der. X0 / front der XT
X0 triggers (new!! not on pic)

revmonkey

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
Spitfired said:

I don't get this one, but it's the almost finished, and final prototype for our hardtail. Pretty excited about it, it's comming out great.

The "extreme freeride" frame. I hate to use the word freeride because it doesn't really mean anything, and since it's not really a downhill race bike I don't want to call it that either. This was a suspension prototype. We eventually destroyed it for some "destructive testing", but the new one will remain very similar.

nooo, you asshole! you destroyed it?!!? noooooooooooooo!

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Pics are in the sig... the pics of the DH bike are old, before I finished it... I ought to take a few more sometime.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
hee hee, this is what I really ride! And I just recently converted it for wintertime riding by switching out the fork, frame shock, cranks and pedals. Got the weight down form 42.5 lbs to a lighterweight 32.5 lbs, great for the xc trails now! And I dropped the rear travel from 8.5 inches to 5.9 and the front was reduced from 7.5 inches to just 5 inches.

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
wood-dog said:
hee hee, this is what I really ride! And I just recently converted it for wintertime riding by switching out the fork, frame shock, cranks and pedals. Got the weight down form 42.5 lbs to a lighterweight 32.5 lbs, great for the xc trails now! And I dropped the rear travel from 8.5 inches to 5.9 and the front was reduced from 7.5 inches to just 5 inches.
does the shorter shock effect the 's' curve of the vpp design negativly?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB

My Demo 8. Things to come are a new wheelset, new cranks, new chainguide, new fork, and a new shifting setup.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Mattoid said:
does the shorter shock effect the 's' curve of the vpp design negativly?

I don't quit know what you mean by "negativly" but I can tell you that the s-curve is effected by the use of a shorter stroke shock by already being engaged in its travel. And from using a shock that does not have any sort of pro-pedal leaves the rear end of the bike feeling more responsive and springy when the shock extends regardless of how much air pressure I have in it. Other then that, the bike feels very nice with the shortened travel.

legend_killer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
C-town, NC
here's my new frame..........

Custom made SWD Crazy8
8'' travel
16.75'' cs
66.5* ha
13.5 lbs.
4130 chromo

I can't wait to build her up.....