Quantcast

Show us your blacked out bikes you dorks!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Bulldog said:
I seem to have a matte black love theme going on here...
That all-black DHR is one of my favorite bikes ever. I was considering a bunch of the 2002 DHRs for sale so I could be just like it (except about 10 lbs lighter, lol) someday.

I guess I need to throw some bike pics up here...I have 2 all-blacks now. Kinda wish one of them wasn't, frankly, and it wasn't supposed to end up this way, but they are pretty cool.

MD

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
MikeD said:
That all-black DHR is one of my favorite bikes ever. I was considering a bunch of the 2002 DHRs for sale so I could be just like it (except about 10 lbs lighter, lol) someday.
So was I. I wish I never had to sell anything and could just stuff it in my workshop for possible future use. If I stripped my RFX for it's build and added a 170mm 66 to my old DHR I'd be just a hair under 40 pounds. Fully race-able and yet very agile for freeriding. Ahhh what could have been! :)

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I am trying to get a pic of my 2004 yeti dh9 up loaded. right now it is too big. 524k when has to be under 100k :angry:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
OK, here's my BMXtb and my RFX, black as coal...

I wish one of them was a nice blue or something, but I tried to have my Turner powdercoated midnight-blue, and it came out horribly, so I sent it to Olympic and got a straight semimatte black on it just to be safe.

I didn't like the bronze color on my old BMXtb, either, so again I played it safe...black ano is easy and predictable. Now I feel like I'm posing as 'hardcore' when I ride it, which is pretty horrible considering my limited skills.

Hey, wait, these bikes kinda match my avatar...hmmmm...

Attachments

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver

last years DJ rig. since replaced with a grey Orange hitman (<3). i love the look of that azonic though. i eventually took the head badge off, and replaced the pedals with cully's. it was stealth.

~SGD

BigStonz

Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
Swain!! NY
If I had a digital camera I could show you BLACK Azonic DS1 with black DJIII, the only stuff not black are white Sram brake levers. Also, my BLACK Bullit-entirely black with stickers removed, the only exception are the gray lowers on the super T

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
My Bullit. It has a black bar on it now, so it is a bit more stealthy.

And my PX Zebdi. It has a black stem on it now, but still needs a black bar on it!