Quantcast

Shure EC2 Headphones

trialsboy50

Monkey
Nov 23, 2004
Anyone uses these noise cancelling earbuds? input? Seem to be good for the money, need some new earbuds for riding with my iPod.

Thanks
Byron

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
trialsboy50 said:
Anyone uses these noise cancelling earbuds? input? Seem to be good for the money, need some new earbuds for riding with my iPod.

Thanks
Byron
Overbuilt for riding. Plus, you can't hear **** for external noise with them in.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've got 'em. depending on well you seal 'em in, you still can hear stuff but it's quieted down considerably (esp if music is playing). they aren't noise-cancelling (ie, destructive wave interference) so much as noise-isolating.

if you sweat a lot, you might want to invest in some gay-ass headband thing, because once you get get sweat down into yr ear canal, that can break the seal and it can be hard to dry the earbud and re-seal.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Sure is one of those companies that you can trust. Everything they make is really good. All my drums are mic'd with sures and they are bullet proof... been kicked, trampled, dropped, etc, etc... and they are still perfect.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
narlus said:
i've got 'em. depending on well you seal 'em in, you still can hear stuff but it's quieted down considerably (esp if music is playing). they aren't noise-cancelling (ie, destructive wave interference) so much as noise-isolating.

if you sweat a lot, you might want to invest in some gay-ass headband thing, because once you get get sweat down into yr ear canal, that can break the seal and it can be hard to dry the earbud and re-seal.
I still think you'd be nuts to ride with them, especially on the road. With mine in, I can't hear the garbage disposal running at very moderate volume. You're 100% right about them not being noise cancelling...and I think that's a plus. No batteries to worry about.

rvlacich

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
Maryland, USA
I don't have Shures, but you might want to look into Etymotic headphones. The ER-6 model is very similar to the Shure EC2 buds. eBay has the good deals on Etys too!

I own a pair of the Ety ER4s, and I absolutely love them.

On another note, I'd rethink riding with noise isolating headphones. I get worried when I'm walking with them because there's no chance of me hearing a car unless it's 5 feet away. If you're confident riding with headphones, that's your business, but please don't get hurt.

trialsboy50

Monkey
Nov 23, 2004
Hmm, Id be riding only on trails with them, noting super steep, just like a light XC circuit thing on my SS, not on the road.

Thanks for the responses

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
can't say much about the headphones, but check the interweb, I remember reading a review of them before.

I will vouch for shure quality though, as they make my cartridges for my 1200s and even the cheap ones are better than stantons....