Quantcast

Shuttle service in Leavenworth?

Pullshocks

Chimp
Mar 2, 2005
A few months ago, Mountain Bike Action had a piece about resorts catering to mountain biking and it mentioned Leavenworth, said one of the shops operates a shuttle service. Anyone know anything about this, and whether there are DH trails?

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I remember reading the article that mentioned Leavenworth as the best destination mountain bike town in Washington. If there was a shuttle service i am sure James over at Das Rad Haus would know about it. I would give James a call at Das Rad Haus he probably sets up a few people with info on some of the special trails around Leavenworth. Heres a link: http://www.dasradhaus.com/

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Leavenworth? I lived there for a summer and didn't find squat to ride. Maybe Devil's Gulch? I'd like to know though; I'm there often enough.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
There is also some stuff up in Freund Canyon which I have never checked out, of course you have to ride your bike up a big hill. I know halfway up there was a trail that dropped straight back down to the bottom that the Forest Service isnt real keen on. Running the whole loop is pretty decent although better on a light bike with the hill climb.