Quantcast

Shuttling Shed this weekend Jul 8-9

rm1

Chimp
Jun 22, 2006
For anyone who might like a full tour of the shed i plan on riding everything that goes down a hill there this weekend. I dont have a specific time or place to meet yet but im thinking of starting around noon at pipeline and then working over to the real downhill trails.

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
I'll probably be up there this Sunday with some others. Hopefully we'll have a shuttle vehicle as well so things should work out nicely.

MattH, Jason might be able to lend you a back brake from his Big Box of Spares but don't quote me on that. I think I saw one in his bag o tricks.

rm1

Chimp
Jun 22, 2006
The more the better. If we get enough people and a good shuttle truck we can do one man out shuttles and really crank some runs out. Sounds like i might be alone for saturday but i will be up at the pipeline start at noon if anyone does happen to show. If not check the drop trails im sure there will be people running those.

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
rm1 and Pi (ala Jason), I will definitely ride on Sunday if we can put together a back brake! Thanks a bunch, that's really cool.

I'll post up by saturday evening to confirm whether or not the package arrived and if I will need the spare.

Thanks again!

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
I am in for sunday. I would like to ride early. Meet around 9 maybe? Let me know.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
i'm probably gonna head up to the shed on saturday. i've never been before so it'd be cool if someone was there to show us around. If i don't see anyone there whats a good place to shuttle. Like where to park and where to drive to. thanks.

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
J, can't we do later in the day? This early 9am stuff just ain't freeride, brah.

I was hoping sometime around 11am to noon for arriving. But I guess I could drag my ass out of bed and head up there for a 10am start if you really REALLY wanted to do earlier rather than later. :(

rm1

Chimp
Jun 22, 2006
Hey Metal i am definetly up for saturday just let me know what time you can make it there and i will get you directions for a place to park. For sunday lets meet up at the top of pipline at 10. I think 9 is a bit early for anyone to be awake on a weekend.

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Pi, we should probably get up there a little earlier than 10 if we're gonna do a rear brake swap on my bike....I don't want to hold people up all morning while my bike is on the stand.

Or, you jerks can all leave me w/ the bike on the stand, the parts, and the keys to the shuttle truck and stick me w/ the first shuttle run duty....which would be alright too.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
I will see you all there early. The only prob is that I dont have any brake parts in my tool box. I will check and see what I do have but not sure.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Sorry guys, I Guess I will not be able to go. I've got to spend some time with my wife who I haven't saw in two weeks, I got my fill of DH and FR at snowshoe earlier this week.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
im not totally sure im gonna make it i need to get my new front break installed and get a new chain tensioner b4 then. plus my ride up there is gonna take there time so i doubt ill be up there at 10 maybe around 12 ill call someone.

rm1

Chimp
Jun 22, 2006
What do you need a derailuer hanger for, were riding downhill. Besides pipeline you dont need to pedal to make it down any other trail.

Get up there anytime and im sure you will be able to catch up to us. You remeber the main parking spots dont you? And besides who needs a front brake anyway as long as you have a back one.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
well the front brake thats on rubs so much that the front wheel wont spin so i need the new on lol plus you saw me last time my back brake is the one that doesnt work ... just sorta sits there.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
It looks like I should be good for around 10. Would it help if I pull the rear brake off of my Heckler for you matt. It will at least get us through the day. Let me know. Alec has my number if you need to give me a call.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
rm1 said:
What do you need a derailuer hanger for, were riding downhill. Besides pipeline you dont need to pedal to make it down any other trail.
Good call I'll just pull all of that dumb pedaling crap off of there and weld some moto pegs on. :rofl: :rofl:

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
JYETI said:
It looks like I should be good for around 10. Would it help if I pull the rear brake off of my Heckler for you matt. It will at least get us through the day. Let me know. Alec has my number if you need to give me a call.
I'd definitely appreciate that if you don't mind, between you and rm1's avid mech I should be covered.

I'll have Alec give you a call today, I'm not real familiar w/ the parking spots up there so I'll let you guys work that out, I'm sure we'll drive together from here.

See ya tomorrow!

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
CORRECTION, I will not need to borrow a rear brake tomorrow morning...unbenounced to me and USPS tracking, my Avids arrived a few minutes ago. So no need to rip your bikes apart on my account.

Thank you anyway, I owe rm1 and JYETI beers :)

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I can't come. Evidently for the hanger to be covered under warranty the shop has to fix it and they can't get to it until monday. Hopefully we can set something up for next weekend.

rm1

Chimp
Jun 22, 2006
I hit up half the mountain today and the trails are looking pretty sweet. There is a small amount of debris from the recent storms but its not bad. Hope to see you all there tommorrow. By the way does anyone have a truck that they want to leave at the take out and i can just meet you there so we will already have the first shuttle ran.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
We spent most of the day riding the pipeline side. Trails were in great shape, some debri from the rain fall but not enough to really tear things up. We had a large group of people and it was great fun. Thanks to Dave for showing us some new trails.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Sunday was just beautiful in the 'shed. I had planned on drift fishing from my float tube but ended up shuttling instead. The weather was perfect for riding and I guess the bass will just have to make do without my company until next weekend.