Quantcast

Sick bastards

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Saw an article years ago about a similar situation but a disgruntled neighbor and moto biker. Short story is the neighbor put a and wire across the road, and the moto rider lost his head, literally. Serious sh*t.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i hope they get the crooked fvckers that did this. I'm so pissed I wanna spit. Hugo - tell Carl to load my elephant gun with buckshot. We're gonna hunt down these sickos.

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
Good thing he was ok, looks like he was riding alone. Would have been horrible if he was seriously injured and the camera kept going while no one was around to go for help.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Do you really think the police gives a flip ??? like seriously the finzo here would be laughing and just drive off.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
not everyone lives has such an apathetic and douchey world view as you. How have you been so deluded that you think police seriously don't care? perhaps some cops are a bit disenchanted and jaded, but most of them actually care about people and their well being.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
wow terrible, we had a section of trail in this area where someone was hanging fishhooks on the line about head height, there was a witch hunt for them.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
not everyone lives has such an apathetic and douchey world view as you. How have you been so deluded that you think police seriously don't care? perhaps some cops are a bit disenchanted and jaded, but most of them actually care about people and their well being.
Funny you say that.

AMERICA,

girl gets 20+ years for selling not even 1000$ worth of narcotics,girl girls her newborn daughter,gets to go to looney bin for a few months til she gets out.

Im not a douche,im REALISTIC,something lots of you LACK.

Do you really really really think the police department is going to have people come and investigate a piece of rope in a bike trail,or would they rather focus on speeding tickets and other tickets to make money for the goverment,be honnest and realistic.

Dont think I dont think that its wrong and dangerous ( about the rope ) hell,if there was a cliff and he fell all the way down,**** ya it can be dangerous.

Dont call me a douche for others behavior.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
You are a troll, a worthless, negative **** stirrer.
I should have expected such a incoherent, meaningless retort from you.
I said your response was douchey and you proved my point with an inane rambling follow-up.
get lost.

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
looks like a certain somebody who likes to tie ropes between trees is ripe to have snot beaten out of them.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
Ouch!....is that public or private property? I know all sorts of stupid s#@$ goes down on some CA trails where hikers view MTB as unworthy.

J

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
holy **** i just read that fishhook post you quoted right now...

i hope the witch hunt ended with a bonfire.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Similar scenario decapitated a moto rider a few towns over from me a few years ago, Cops knew who did it but couldnt prove it. Turns out he didnt like the noise from the dirtbikes

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Similar scenario decapitated a moto rider a few towns over from me a few years ago, Cops knew who did it but couldnt prove it. Turns out he didnt like the noise from the dirtbikes
Think this is the one I'm thinking about. Absolutely crazy sh*t.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Holy **** this rider is extremly lucky he didn't got realy hurt or got killed:eek:,what caint of sick people are making this:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
http://dirt.mpora.com/news/hamsterley-dh-course-booby-traps.html
I've met something similar to that once. Though I noticed it before. It was a 0.5'' inch steel cable on the trail right on my chest. There is one spot where it happened all the time. Though the trails weren't legal (but from what I know it wasn't the owners of the land job since it was owned by the city)

dbnickles

Chimp
Apr 21, 2009
I have seen this, live in the serria foothills back in the late 70's. lady came around a corner on a 3 wheeler in a pit area to head out an we saw here bike run off into the trees, went over to see what happened as she did not get back up, it was a tough sight for a 6-7 year old to see ill tell u that.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Funny you say that.

AMERICA,

girl gets 20+ years for selling not even 1000$ worth of narcotics,girl girls her newborn daughter,gets to go to looney bin for a few months til she gets out.

Im not a douche,im REALISTIC,something lots of you LACK.

Do you really really really think the police department is going to have people come and investigate a piece of rope in a bike trail,or would they rather focus on speeding tickets and other tickets to make money for the goverment,be honnest and realistic.

Dont think I dont think that its wrong and dangerous ( about the rope ) hell,if there was a cliff and he fell all the way down,**** ya it can be dangerous.

Dont call me a douche for others behavior.
jesus your an idiot.

One, your brilliant point about punishment served doesn't illustrate **** about cops. It points out injustices in the justice system. Your dealing with a deliberate, malicious attempt at injury or death here. Cops will look into it. Sadly not too much can be done without catching someone in the act.

Why don't you keep your fancy quebec theories about america in your own dumb head. This countries police forces certainly have their fair share of issues, but that doesn't mean cops don't investigate and pursue crime/criminals.

Why do all of your posts have to be so god damn stupid.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
it is getting very sporting in cali, the local trails here in sandy eggo have recently been littered with broken glass, and bent wire droppers to pop tires. one trail had some pretty gnarly t posts driven in at an angle for some gnarly impaling. luckily you have to walk up the trail in order to descend.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Well he is French Canadian. What do you expect? ;)

descente

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Sandy Eggo
luckily, the average downhiller/gravity junky is a much, much gnarlier person than the average booby trapper. i can imagine how most 1 on 1 encounters go, as i don't have too much mercy for people like that.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The fishhooks referenced above made me gag a little. That's heinous.

Need to buy some cameras to find these sick f**ks. I don't care if people are riding bikes over endangered baby seals, there's no excuse for maiming people with hidden traps.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
About two years ago I got three stitches below my left jaw thanks to some stupid kids who laid an electrical cable between two trees at a local town square. It was almost one o'clock in the night, I was riding home from a friend's house, and decided to cut though the square. The stupid little bastards tried to rob my bike, but fortunately I didn't fall down. I could hear them scream "get him! get his bike!" as I got drifted by the cable pulling my head back, but fortunately I wasn't riding at sufficient speed for it to throw me down the bike. Eventually the cable broke, I could recover my balance and started pedalling like crazy. I realised the two-inch cut below my jaw about three blocks away, as my heart rate went down. The doctors said if it wasn't for the chin strap of my helmet, the injury might have been much worse.

As you can see, stupid people with empty heads do plague the whole world.

Some time ago, someone in my area found a buried wood plank with 5" nails bolted through it. I think he ran over it with the bike or something; he was lucky not to have fallen on it.
Also, isn't strange to find a small chain blocking a path.

Best thing you can do is remove it and let the authorities know, at least here they take those things more or less seriously.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
I wish just once I would come across one of these guys setting a trap like this in the woods. You hear one of these stories every couple of years, going back as long as I've been riding MX/DH and it makes me sick every time. I remember a kid here in NJ got his head taken off by a steel cable back in 92 or 93, that might have been the first one I recall, but it's been one every couple of years since. In these cases I believe no response would be too severe.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
After reading this i can honestly say that i am happy about living in sweden with its small population, especially up here in the north. In a full season i encounter maybe 5-10 people on the trails i ride and most are on jogging paths that are close to abandoned anyway. But still on the first run, if i dont have to hike first to the start i go slow and check the trail.

After reading this i can honestly say that i am happy about living in sweden with its small population, especially up here in the north. In a full season i encounter maybe 5-10 people on the trails i ride and most are on jogging paths that are close to abandoned anyway. But still on the first run, if i dont have to hike first to the start i go slow and check the trail.

the spot i Build and ride in Ireland has a good few walkers, Never had any problem with em bar the odd (your crazy) look but ya being the first one down is always a handy run.

that said its more due to tree's/branch's falling in storms around here.

that the lads in Dublin have one guy that places rocks on blind corners on 3 rock. yer man is as mad as a brush tho.

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
Not cool.
Reminds me of the Weir story from a few years back; someone was putting barb wire across Marin area trails. All the local riders were on the hunt for the scumbag before someone got hurt bad. One day Weir rolls down a trail and spots a guy stringing up some wire. He blasts down ready to kill the guy, only to find out it is his former soccer coach. Crazy *hit!

Trail saboteurs should be nutured. Even if it is private land, there are ways to close a trail that don't cause serious injury or death. Why must people be so careless and hateful?