Quantcast

>>> Sick boy Saturday <<<

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got sick Thursday night and ended up puking and not sleeping all night. On the mend and need to get some food back in and hopefully a bike ride today. Hope you'll have a good weekend.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Last day of the crippling darkness in the morning. Tomorrow we shall switch to evening darkness instead—I’ve got my lights charged.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I've had an annoying head cold with really bad sinus pressure all week. Finally starting to feel a little normal this morning. We've got the annual ski swap sale at our local "mountain" tomorrow morning. Hoping to find a few decent items of used clothing/equip for the mini-me so he'll be ready for ski lessons this winter.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Drove to downtown Toronto and picked up a new KS Lev dropper post from pink bike buy/sell this morning, dropping off the Fox 36 fork to be serviced right meow, then heading back North to meet some dudes to go riding, then have to head back south to go on date.

I hope I haven't over estimated how much I can accomplish in one day.

Bike shop doesn't open for fifteen minutes and I need to poop (two coffees deep already). But I'm scared to go into Starbucks in fear that my bike will be yanked from the car during said pooping. Hmmmmm.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I lost shore power to the camper at 1am (fridge started beeping. switched it over to propane). No bigge my solar panels will handle my needs for the weekend. Drinking espresso at the dinette listening to the rain hitting the camper roof, Sooner or later I need to walk down to the show office and get a walkie talkie

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Drove to downtown Toronto and picked up a new KS Lev dropper post from pink bike buy/sell this morning, dropping off the Fox 36 fork to be serviced right meow, then heading back North to meet some dudes to go riding, then have to head back south to go on date.

I hope I haven't over estimated how much I can accomplish in one day.

Bike shop doesn't open for fifteen minutes and I need to poop (two coffees deep already). But I'm scared to go into Starbucks in fear that my bike will be yanked from the car during said pooping. Hmmmmm.
And the fork is off to Fox for service.

Picked up new air piston and rockshox oil for $40 for the Pike, to bring it up to 150mm.

This shop is great. If only they were closer so I could spend moar moneys. Maybe it's good that they are far...

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Ride completed. Butter Gap with leaves on the ground and overly damp conditions (wet) led to a nice knee smashing slide out on a downhill rock section. At the store buying a bag of frozen peas to apply to said knee. Now time to change the impeller pump on my hot tub. I bet gaining access to that fucker will take the better part of the day and multiple biers.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Ride completed. Butter Gap with leaves on the ground and overly damp conditions (wet) led to a nice knee smashing slide out on a downhill rock section. At the store buying a bag of frozen peas to apply to said knee. Now time to change the impeller pump on my hot tub. I bet gaining access to that fucker will take the better part of the day and multiple biers.
sounds like a 4-7 beer job

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. cleaning up the halloween decorations to put up thanksgiving. Been subbing every damn day and it's great! Not looking forward to early darkness but hoping I manage to get that extra hour of sleep. Full moon was amazing last night and now I am ready for some cooler temps so the deer start moving and I can fill my licenses before holiday craziness happens.

Any chatter about RM Secret Santa? We gotta get going on this people....it's November already!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I rode Butter on the 10/22 and the leaves were just starting to turn. Thinking about going up tomorrow or Monday. Are most of the leaves down yet ?

Wet leaves on that off camber rock face would probably encourage me just to get off the bike and fling myself down it. Gonna end up on the deck anyway...

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
I rode Butter on the 10/22 and the leaves were just starting to turn. Thinking about going up tomorrow or Monday. Are most of the leaves down yet ?

Wet leaves on that off camber rock face would probably encourage me just to get off the bike and fling myself down it. Gonna end up on the deck anyway...
I’d say over half of the leaves are down. It rained overnight so, yeah, that off camber rock section was coated in wet leaves and it has gotten super muddy and blown out again.

I would avoid Butter for the next few days. Couch Potato race was/is happening today with lots of riders going down Butter. We beat the racers but 200 riders going down that wet nasty section is gonna Fck it up royally. Lots of other little mud holes popping up to with all the October rains. Butter is going to look like Catlyn Jenner after today.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I’d say over half of the leaves are down. It rained overnight so, yeah, that off camber rock section was coated in wet leaves and it has gotten super muddy and blown out again.

I would avoid Butter for the next few days. Couch Potato race was/is happening today with lots of riders going down Butter. We beat the racers but 200 riders going down that wet nasty section is gonna Fck it up royally. Lots of other little mud holes popping up to with all the October rains. Butter is going to look like Catlyn Jenner after today.
I was thinking the Swank and Couch Potato racers would pack down all the leaves making the Fish Hatchie area moar better. Didn't think about Butter turning into a sludge pit from rain and racers.

Thanks for the info.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I was supposed to run 20 miles this morning and got 5 miles in and said "fuck this shit" and I went home. I'll do it tomorrow. So instead I went out for pancakes, went grocery shopping, took a nap, and now I've got a homemade pizza in the oven.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thoroughly gave the Scout a good flogging today. The other day I mentioned how it didn't climb as well as the Banshee; this I blame on user error. It has a bigger front chain ring, so no wonder it felt like a slug. Even with that, I made it up (slowly) every climb today.

This bike is a lot of fun. It will do a wheelie without even thinking and pops off everything. It just needs some forcing to stay out back over the back wheel.

I can definitely feel the fork being the limit right now, the backend is a beaut. I don't really notice the change in travel over the Banshee (125mm vs 140mm).

My date bailed on me, which I'm semi okay with. Going to roll down to a buddies house with stouts and watch him rake leaves. :cheers:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
According to my dork logger, I done 11 miles today, it was my 9th back-to-back ride, completing 60 miles this week alone.

Also, fuck rain gutters.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I hurt my shoulder practicing wheelies. I have this little jump I can get the front wheel up on. Pulled up a little to soon and didn't follow my practice and when my rear wheel got off the ground the resulting front wheel wheelie put me over the bars somehow. I am thinking I may be trying to master something that will be a negligible skill after all is said and done. I told the kid who came upon me laying on the ground covered in leaves and dirt to eff off. Totally uncalled for. Its good to know I suck on more then one level. I blew out my favorite shorts and my balls were hanging out as I rode home all covered in dirt and leaves.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I hurt my shoulder practicing wheelies. I have this little jump I can get the front wheel up on. Pulled up a little to soon and didn't follow my practice and when my rear wheel got off the ground the resulting front wheel wheelie put me over the bars somehow. I am thinking I may be trying to master something that will be a negligible skill after all is said and done. I told the kid who came upon me laying on the ground covered in leaves and dirt to eff off. Totally uncalled for. Its good to know I suck on more then one level. I blew out my favorite shorts and my balls were hanging out as I rode home all covered in dirt and leaves.
You should not need to hit a bump to get the front wheel up. For wheelies, you lift the wheel by shifting weight back while pedaling hard in the right gear. For manuals, your hips go low and behind the rear axle.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. More unpacking.

Anybody have a set of vee brake calipers they want to part with for shipping? Haley's are bent and I would prefer to re-use.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Day was a mixed bag. Kids were absolute assholes this morning. But they eventually settled down a bit. I dropped my youngest off at a birthday party and went for a ride. I managed to finish it off without needing lights but it friggin snowed on me. And it is wet as an otter's pocket out there. Cold, wet and leafy. Saw a pileated woodpecker and a beaver though, so that was cool. Capped it off with Mexican, and I'm enjoying a beer now...

Alcohol. Raucous music. Friends and family. Lies told. Forks full of flaming gasoline soaked hay thrown on massive bonfire until it kicked off. Soaking rain. Fireworks. Soaked to the bone, in wheeled hovel consuming one last 14th Star Tribute. Propane furnace is the 'nads.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Alcohol. Raucous music. Friends and family. Lies told. Forks full of flaming gasoline soaked hay thrown on massive bonfire until it kicked off. Soaking rain. Fireworks. Soaked to the bone, in wheeled hovel consuming one last 14th Star Tribute. Propane furnace is the 'nads.
Don't blow up your bong shed! :D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
In my camper too, just took a hot shower and I am enjoying the furnace heat and a cold brew before turning in...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
This morning we hosted a trail running race at one of our trailheads. 5k, 10k, and 13.1 mile races. All us tire guys volunteered and ran aid stations. It was cold as frozen poo. Good times!

20171104_081816.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got sick Thursday night and ended up puking and not sleeping all night. On the mend and need to get some food back in and hopefully a bike ride today. Hope you'll have a good weekend.

Ain't on the junk are ya?