Quantcast

Sick of IE exploits: Hijackers, Trojans, Spyware, BHOs stealing passwords, etc, etc..

D

Dingus McGee

It's getting to be a real hassle keeping the MS platform running well.....(unfortunately need XP at work) I'm now running MYI32 browser...seems to work very well...almost too well...I'm suspicious!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Hijack This is a great tool against these kinds of things. Running Firefox as a browser is also very handy in preventing many problems.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Yah just run Firefox or Opera...

You can also turn up the security settings in IE - i.e. turn off scripting etc, so if someone opens up IE for you while using those other browsers, it won't be an issue

D

Dingus McGee

Yeah, I have run most all of the deterrent apps, but the spammers are ahead of the game....

Have you guys tried this browser "MYIE2" ? It's seems really fast and full-featured and free and open.

URL: HTTP://WWW.MYIE2.COM/

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ridemonkey said:
I've noticed that RM renders much faster in Firefox.
good thing i use firefox to surf at work. ie for work related stuff, firefox for the other 90% of my surfing day :D

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
Dingus McGee said:
Yeah, I have run most all of the deterrent apps, but the spammers are ahead of the game....

Have you guys tried this browser "MYIE2" ? It's seems really fast and full-featured and free and open.

URL: HTTP://WWW.MYIE2.COM/
After a quick look it doesn't look like it does anything that would make me want to switch from firefox. Also since it uses internet explorer you lose the extra security you can get from not using internet explorer.