Quantcast

Sick Pic's of Hans Rey and Steve Peat

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
damn i would be scurred sh!tless.
do you know where that is?
i like the foggyness of the pics, my uncle was in ireland and brought back some pictures that looked like that.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yeah it is incredible how much that ledge will factor into your riding. I remember the first time i went to Moab and rode Porcupine rim i was scared ****less because of the drop off coming down the canyon. There was one particular technical line I rode then looked back and realized how close it was to the cliff...Sorta freaked me out.

Incredible pictures.

dhjoe

Chimp
Jan 2, 2005
Boulder, CO
i like the foggyness of the pics, my uncle was in ireland and brought back some pictures that looked like that.
These were posted on Decline's website a few months back. I am pretty sure these were taken in Ireland, between pub stops, this is Peaty were talking about remember....

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I actually think it's easier on a bike to ride that stuff. I have been to bridges and gotten scared at the height but I have ridden near cliffs like that and not really noticed it because of the "you look, you go principle" so I just keep focused on the trail and it's no prob. But then you get off and look back and you're like...WHAT!!?? Like Manhatten said.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Those pics are gnarly. The cliffs on Mt. Wilson are enough for me...

I was riding Coldsprings in SB a few weeks ago with Thrilkill. I went down a steep and narrow rock section and my front wheel hit a square edged rock causing me to bounced back and do an alley-oop 180 down the cliff. I landed siting down with my bike a few feet away (just missing the edge where it could have rolled far down). I was lucky it was only 8-10'. Armor is good!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I actually think it's easier on a bike to ride that stuff. I have been to bridges and gotten scared at the height but I have ridden near cliffs like that and not really noticed it because of the "you look, you go principle" so I just keep focused on the trail and it's no prob. But then you get off and look back and you're like...WHAT!!?? Like Manhatten said.
yeah i dont deal with heights well, here in PA the last thing we have to worry about is riding off a cliff out in utah that is a very real reality...My body freezes if i am to close to the edge. I wish i could post some of the pics we took from gemini bridges UT looking over a cliff we had no idea how high it was or how far the rock we were standing on was undercut. Ouch.

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
I like the part in the movie where the guy asks "are you all right?", like the guy just fell of the curb and scraped his elbow.HaHa. the the other guy asks if they got it on film.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i'd say it's definitely in ireland, as Victor Lucas (http://www.freezefocus.com/) is a well-known sports photog in dublin. he used to shoot all the races i did a couple of years ago. looks to be west coast, maybe around the Cliffs of Moher. awe

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
there from peat and hans tour of Ireland. They where over here for about a week biking in downing pints. They finished up in Dublin for a few beers in the pub at the bottom of 3 rock which resulted in Hans dropping off the roof of the pub.
Vic isn't taking photos at the Irish races anymore. He's moved on to greater things and is now a regular in Dirt magazine.