Quantcast

SID setup

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
A friend of mine gave me his old SID Fork (Yellow lower legs). I'm not sure what year they are and I'm having a heck of time finding specs on them.

I need help with set up. Air pressure? Damping? What are the adjustments on the bottom of the fork?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Yellow legs you say. That sounds like an OEM fork. Where are the air valves located, top / bottom left side, top both sides, top both sides and bottom left side?

Bottom right side is your rebound. If you have an adjuster on the top of the right side it's probably your compression/lockout. If the adjuster spins back into it's original position if you twist it and then release it, you have a fork with remote lockout capability.

A picture will help greatly.

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
That looks like a 1999 or 2000 SID but with changed topcaps.

You will need an adapter for pumping up the lower air chamber beneath the fork. Take away the black plastic cover and you will see a valvehole.

The top two air chambers need to be charged with air as well, search for a service manual for this fork and you will find pressure recommendations. It's important you use a suspension air pump and not a floor pump or the likes.

There are no decals you can see on the fork?

The silver adjuster on the left in picture two is your rebound adjuster.

spurlicked

Monkey
Oct 9, 2007
Roseville
The only decals were the Rock Shox and SID decals. I do use a suspension pump though and I would assume an adapter for the lower chamber should be easy, but finding a service manual has been a challenge.

Thanks for your help!!

gigabike

Chimp
Jan 24, 2010
Hi, I purchased an older SID XC (Dual Air Long Travel, C3). Not sure of the year, I'm guessing late 90s or early 2000s. It's blue, has black boots over legs. My problem is the air valves. There are very small black caps on top of both legs, look exactly the same on both legs. When unscrew them, the air valves are recessed very far down. Definitely doesn't use a schrader shock pump. Does anyone know how to adjust air on this fork and where I get such a contraption? THANK YOU

Racebike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2008
Sweden
Hey gigabike,

That is what you need, your LBS should be able to order one from SRAM/RS or maybe lend you one? They are a bit tricky to get ahold of.

Google "SID pump adapter" and you will find some web shops that carry the real thing or at least copied versions.