Quantcast

Silver Mtn. was a BLAST!

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
For all those who decided it was too far to drive, it's not. The course was a blast. It was crazy long, but that was ok because you could take a nap in the gondola during your 20 minute ride up. Everyone I talked to had a great time and they all seemed to like the course. I just hope WIM goes back there next year. What does everyone else have to say about it?

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
I got seventh out of twelve in the expert men 19-29. My time was 14 min. 30 sec. Lars won with 12 min. 29 sec. I may be wrong on the seconds but i'm close. Ethan got second.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
krustydude said:
I got seventh out of twelve in the expert men 19-29. My time was 14 min. 30 sec. Lars won with 12 min. 29 sec. I may be wrong on the seconds but i'm close. Ethan got second.
Not bad! That is a fast class for sure! :thumb:

14+ minute downhill! I was dying last weekend at Hood :dead:

Hope to see you at the Hood race at the end of July :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Damn, 14+ minutes?? Craaaazy. Congrats on a good finish. Maybe next year the schedule for that race will be more open... it just didnt work this year.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
I just got back. damn i'm tired.

I tipped it over 3 times and went off the course a couple and pulled a 13:51 securing me with solid second to last. YES!!

course was fun. i suppose i like a course with a little more tech. like something i couldn't ride a rode bike down. one fun jump at the top. a few sections soo fast i thought i was gonna die if i went down (lots of fire roads). tight trees were fun. the uphill sections was a drag. although i was grateful it was only about 6 minuets into the course so i still had an once of energy.

I think Heather would love to ride it. I imagine we will go spend a weekend there before the summer is out. I think the folks at Silver are putting in good effort to make a good park. Maybe they should find a DHer to help with design as the jumps at the top are made well but terribly under sized. all the tables were very easy to land to flat.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
bibs said:
Ha Ha!!! Ethan wasn't kidding when he said my braids where flapping in the wind! Good picture Bibs...I can't believe the quality! Thanks for not posting the one of me hitting the road gap! Although I was the only "girl" who hit it this weekend! :thumb: Even though it wasn't "smooth"! Next time for sure when I'm feeling better! Oh, I'm feeling really crappy this morning...worse then yesterday! :dead:

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Those are extremely nice pics... The guys at Silver Mt. are doing a fantastic job of trying to create something great. Everybody there was a standup person and all were extremely accomidating.

The course was long and fun, with a little bit of everything.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
I personally enjoyed the course alot...other then being under the weather and really hating the little up hill..(even though it was a short uphill)...I loved the tight tree section and the double track super fast, going to kill you if you crash section!!! :thumb:

A couple of the "big wigs" came up and talked to Ethan. They asked lots of questions and wanted lots of feed back so they know what everyone wants. Ethan also talked to the guy who has built all the trails up there. It sounds like he has LOTS of stuff in the works and is just waiting for some signatures for approval. He went to Whistler and is trying to go towards that direction for Silver Mtn! As far as the resort, everyone there was super nice, and greatful to have us there.

Great Weekend! Glad to see some :monkey: there!!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
What sux worse than noticing your rear brake bleed screw is loose 15 min. before your start time??

Anyone??

Getting a flat (for no good reason at all) at the end of the fireroad traverse section, then having the tire completely fall off the rim, have the tube wrap around your cog, and go into the braking bumps (and rox) on your rim.... :nopity: :nopity: :nopity: :help: But...that's racing...

I knew I needed a new rear wheel....but this is not the way I wanted to do it....sigh....

Oh well...The 5 practice runs I made were AWESOME!!! Everyone was asking me where I got the cool, blue anodized rotors!! "I made them myself!!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Next stop...the bike shop...oh wait...that's not it ...oh yah, Schweitzer!!!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Secret Squirrel said:
What sux worse than noticing your rear brake bleed screw is loose 15 min. before your start time??

Anyone??

Getting a flat (for no good reason at all) at the end of the fireroad traverse section, then having the tire completely fall off the rim, have the tube wrap around your cog, and go into the braking bumps (and rox) on your rim.... :nopity: :nopity: :nopity: :help: But...that's racing...

I knew I needed a new rear wheel....but this is not the way I wanted to do it....sigh....

Oh well...The 5 practice runs I made were AWESOME!!! Everyone was asking me where I got the cool, blue anodized rotors!! "I made them myself!!" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Next stop...the bike shop...oh wait...that's not it ...oh yah, Schweitzer!!!
bummer! Hope you get it all back together by then!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
krustydude said:
Ethan ran 12:37!!! Not bad for being sick :D

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
Great time, great weather, and a fun course. My arms are feeling it today.
Bibs, Ben is freaking me out in that pic!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
yeah, what was up with that traffic - we were making good time and then schreeeech!

I got a bunch of photos too - I'll post a link tonight. It was a fun time hanging out w/ everyone. I even got to ride a little bit....well, around the parking lot that is. :thumb:

Good job to everyone that raced!

Oh and Nick, Boe, Ben, Kim - you guys rule - the helmet cam vid was awesome, we sampled it on Saturday night.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Yeah, I downloaded 417 photos, deleted a bunch and ended up w/ around 346 that were usuable and 171 that I'll post. I'll put up an album tonight. Fun time - sorry we didn't hook up on Saturday night - you guys could've sampled the vids.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Just trying to pay the bills...oh, wait - what the hell am I talking about, I don't get paid for this. Man, I wish I was home editing the photos.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
Just trying to pay the bills...oh, wait - what the hell am I talking about, I don't get paid for this. Man, I wish I was home editing the photos.
That was funny seeing you in the woods...You were the only person I really recognized...everyone else I kinda wasn't paying attention (no offense, just in a zone)! Thanks for saying hi!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
bibs said:
too good to say hi huh?? here you are waving to all your fans! Im calling BS :) :love: :eek:

ha ha! Well of course I had to stop and say hi to you and Lorraine!

edit~ this is me doing a one hander, look over! ;)

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
MUTOLI said:
That was funny seeing you in the woods...You were the only person I really recognized...everyone else I kinda wasn't paying attention (no offense, just in a zone)! Thanks for saying hi!
Yes, that was me - lurking in the woods taking snaps. Good job this weekend and on the series! Now only if you were at Schweitzer....(sigh)

Oh, and how did those fancy brakes work for ya?

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
Yes, that was me - lurking in the woods taking snaps. Good job this weekend and on the series! Now only if you were at Schweitzer....(sigh)

Oh, and how did those fancy brakes work for ya?
Thanks,
The brakes worked awesome. I'm loving the Magura. Now I just need to get the front to match! Soon! After I pay off my $153 speeding ticket from this weekend!!! :mumble:

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Doh! Where did you get the ticket? I got one about the same amount coming back from Schweitzer last year. I got pulled over just outside of Ellensburg. Miguel was following me and he got one too. Did you make Ethan drive after that?