Quantcast

Silver Star

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I've been doing some reading about Silver Star and checked out some Youtubes. I'm wondering if they're open yet. I plan to head out to Kelowna this weekend and am hoping to do some riding.

Anyone? Trail suggestions?

Also, any other spots to ride light freeride/XC out that are in good shape these days?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Harper, Lolo, the Ranch (and surrounding trails) in the Loops.

Powers, Builders, etc in Kelowna are good to go.

No bike parks quite yet though.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Harper, Lolo, the Ranch (and surrounding trails) in the Loops.

Powers, Builders, etc in Kelowna are good to go.

No bike parks quite yet though.
Cool, thanks.

Any maps of those areas? Can you buy 'em at a local bike shop?

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Powers Creek and Gillard are both great places. You can pick up a map that has both areas on it at the local shops, at least that's how we got ours. Powers is on the West side of Kelowna and Gillard is on the East side. Both of them you can shuttle or you can ride up the road. Lots of well built stunts for all abilities and some nice flowy trails. I can't wait to make a trip up to SS this summer and I'll definitely be setting some time aside to ride in Kelowna again.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Powers Creek and Gillard are both great places. You can pick up a map that has both areas on it at the local shops, at least that's how we got ours. Powers is on the West side of Kelowna and Gillard is on the East side. Both of them you can shuttle or you can ride up the road. Lots of well built stunts for all abilities and some nice flowy trails. I can't wait to make a trip up to SS this summer and I'll definitely be setting some time aside to ride in Kelowna again.
Nice. Being from B'ham, you'll know Galbraith. We went there a couple weeks ago and rode the Ridge Trail, Spruce Dust(?), SST, Bob's, and lower Bob's. It was awesome. Ideally, we'd find something just like that. Do you figure we're in luck?

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Most likely there's some stuff that would fit those types of trails, although when we were there we were trying to do more freeride/downhill. There's a pretty big riding community there though and I'm sure they're not all into freeride, so you should be able to find some stuff right up your alley. From the two places I recommended I think Gillard would probably have more of what you're looking for. Check with the shops in town I'm sure they'll have lots of good info.