Quantcast

***Simian Saturday GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Was hammering a piece of metal yesterday when I caught my finger on the upright corner, and holy shit did it tear up my trigger finger. It's still a bloody mess and I suspect shall take weeks to feel right again. Dislike.

Edit for pics.

20200118_082743.jpg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Power must have gone out again at 11pm'ish last night due to the strong winds after we'd gone to bed, resetting the bedroom clock to midnight. So when we thought we'd slept in to 7ish this morning and got up, 45 minutes later I noticed the DVR clock still only said 6:45.

Thanks Obama...

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
If any of you are paranoid and cheap like me, the Radex 1503 gamma/beta radiation detector is only $50 on Amazon. It's a discontinued model with limited function, but that's a bang up price for a geiger/muller tube detector.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am working this weekend. But I shall ski with the kids on Monday.

How are the lift lines on this holiday weekend at Monarch, 'Squeeb?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

FTS, imma go ski.
Sitting at the Comp Center waiting for Devo to start. Haley's watching Red Bull skiing videos - Four: The Next Generation of Freeskiers. It's about 4 teenage freeskiing girls skiing at the same level of the boys. She has absolute focus on it right now... :rockout:

I'm going skiing by myself. I think today will be a good cruiser day.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Started the day with a trip to the gym with the wife is cool she is getting her ass in shape too. Then I went to the plant pusher and got myself a Pinus Mugo Ophir a pine that turns gold in the winter I have had my eyes on for a while. Looks like this (only a lot small as they are damn expensive):

There is no winter in Europe this year so I did a lot of gardening again today. Moved some more plants and gave my outside Christmas tree some more space so It can grow even more. I can't help myself buying plants but I guess it's not the worst thing to spend money on.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
And can be mitigated.
honestly, this surgery has been ridiculously low pain compared to previous ACL /etc. reconstructions. For those I was taking up to 20mg of oxy at a pop, this time I haven’t yet exceeded 5 (lowest dose) as needed. It’s a different world.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
How are the lift lines on this holiday weekend at Monarch, 'Squeeb?
Actually at Cooper. Doing the 5 week "reach the ridge" program. Mix of advanced lessons plus some cat skiing at the end. It is definitely busy by Cooper standards.
I’ve got character coming out of my character hole.
:stupid:

I could do with a bit less character, thank you.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
And can be mitigated.
honestly, this surgery has been ridiculously low pain compared to previous ACL /etc. reconstructions. For those I was taking up to 20mg of oxy at a pop, this time I haven’t yet exceeded 5 (lowest dose) as needed. It’s a different world.
If I took one, just one opioid pain pill, I'd be dead in less than a year. Maybe some patients can use them without getting addicted but not me. Fuck those things and the system that continues to push them.

Having to deal with unimaginable levels of pain from Gout, I'd like to think I have a better understanding of what the human body can tolerate. Got through 10 years of it and didn't resort to Opioids. Hitting the shed, Hell yes. But getting swept up in an deadly epidemic is something I would rather avoid.

Last edited: