Quantcast

Since when did everyone working in DC...

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
You dont get out of Chesterfield to much do you. I bet the majority of people that live in Fredericksburg work in DC.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
You mean "Rednecksburg"??? Yeah, one of my co-workers rides the VRE (virginia redneck express) in from Fredericksburg every day and spends roughly 4 hours of his day commuting on a train. Moving here from Snowshoe was rough for me, but I can't imagine living that far out just to have land or own a house. When that time comes, I am outta here.....

hokierider

Chimp
Jul 13, 2007
Yeah once you hit exit 130 on 95 going north in the morning it is pretty much stop and go all the way up to DC. That is why I work at exit 126... I still don't understand why traffic creaps so bad when there aren't any accidents to slow up the traffic. People need to learn how to drive!

Gunther

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
About 14 years ago I could drive from Fredericksburg to D.C. in one
hour. That was in my old 69 GTO clone doing 70 to 120mph or so.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
D.C. sucks. Worst town I've ever lived in. Nova can eat one too. If they got a REAL subway system maybe things would be better. That's all from the NEW FVCKIN YORK KID. Peace bitches.
DC sucks, Chicago is worse. New York ain't that easy to get around in either with all the switching of trains.

Whenever I drive up to DC, I plan it so I leave Richmond after 7pm. Or on a weekend, which are iffy as well.

and cherish it now, because once "black friday" hits, getting past Potomac Mills is the biggest nightmare on earth for about 2 months

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
The traffic in this city is so out of control i've just stopped going anywhere during rush hour. I'd love to go ride Shaffer after work or whatever, but it takes 2 hours to get there. F$#% that.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I live in DC proper and my commute is down two flights of stairs, so I'm one of the lucky ones. It would be all I could do to keep from veering into oncoming traffic if I had to do the Manassas to DC run every day.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
It took me two hours to get from Fredneck to NoVA this past Sunday thanks to some minivan extraction at River Road and it took four hours to do so last Thursday morning. Eff that. Since 2000, I only venture down there when absolutely mandatory. My parents live on Braddock Road and I only see them like every 3rd month at MOST.