Quantcast

Single Crown Long Travel Fork?

AndyDurrant

Chimp
Jan 2, 2005
England
Whats the best on the market at the minute?

I'm looking for a new set to replace my 888RCs, and got the following options but need some feedback before deciding:

• Rockshox Totem (2008)
  • Marzocchi 66RC3 or ATA (2008)
  • Fox Van 36

Whats the verdict?!?!?!

sopris

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
i was set on the Totem in the spring but went for the Lyrik at the last minute based on the cost to benefit of the extra weight the Totem had over the Lyrik. I love my Lyrik. So, the Totem or Lyrik get my vote.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
As much as I love my 36 Van, if you're replacing an 888, I'm thinking you want somthing bigger, unless the 888 is way too much fork for your bike. What's this going on? I'd get a Totem, mostly because they've been out for a couple of years, and RS has had time to work out the kinks. The 66s got revamped this year, and that always worries me. Especially because I've heard reports of Marz.'s new QRTA coming loose, and there's the ever present ATA auto wind down problems.

VolcanicOne

Chimp
Dec 1, 2007
I put a 07 Zoke 66RC2 ETA on my bike back in March. I've beat the tar out of it ever since and had no issues at all. I have yet to bottom it out. I regularly do 4'-8' jumps and am 6'2" 200 lbs. I don't know too much about the new 66 RC3 as far as what the difference is, but the RC2 ETA does have the advantage of the ETA switch which lets you lower the travel for climbing, if you do a lot of that. I was disappointed that they no longer offer that feature on the 08 66's. It being the end of the model year, I bet you could pick one up fairly cheap. Just another option to consider.

mtbiker219

Chimp
Dec 3, 2007
Ashburnham
66 or totem. The new '08 66's are super nice. New QR20 axle, 38mm stanchions, and you can get them in a 1 1/8 or 1.5". Totems seem nice too.