Quantcast

Single speed Q.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
So im running a single speed on my steelhead, wich has verticle drop outs, but does any one make a 1 speed cassete to fit on my freehub hub body? Ive never seen one, but some one probably makes one. :think:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
you can just buy some cassette spacers and a single cog...or Gusset makes a conversion kit...and I think you mean your dropouts are horizontal...D

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
BMXman said:
you can just buy some cassette spacers and a single cog...or Gusset makes a conversion kit...and I think you mean your dropouts are horizontal...D
Spot makes a nice spacer kit too. For a freehub, look for a cog with a thick base. Kick-Ass Cogs from Endless are nice as are the King Cogs. Surly just came out with a cog too, but I haven't checked it out yet.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Both Gusset and Da Bomb make a kit, as well.
You have lots of options...can even make one yourself with an old cassette ripped apart, and some pvc pipe!

vwmtnbiker

Monkey
May 15, 2004
manasscrack
go to your lbs, ask them if they have any junk cassettes layin around, break them apart and use the spacers (you'll need 10 or so depending on the cog you choose) and check out the surly cog...cheap, and awesome. i have the 16t and the 17t and they have a very wide base and the teeth are offset to allow additional chainline adjustment.