Quantcast

Singlespeed 150mm rear hub.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Thought I would put this out here as I know there are a few on here running 5 speed cassettes on there DH bikes.

Basically I emailed Hope not so long ago asking if they would consider making a single speed 150mm hub as I run my Sunday with a 5 speed cassette and would love to get my grubby hands on a single speed rear hub with wider flanges etc etc yadda yadda here's the reply I got

It is not something we have got planned to be made I'm afraid. However I
see the logic in what you are trying to do. I will mention it to the
design team, if there does become a large demand then we will have to
consider it.

Customer Service

Hope Technology
Fernbank Mill
Fernbank Avenue
Barnoldswick
Lancashire
BB18 5UY
So if anyone else fancies one email them and there might be the tiniest chance we could get hold of one.

Cheers Mike.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
wait so are your going to run a 5spd or 1 think i missed something, if you are looking to go singlespeed why not just run a spacer kit and a cog?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Excuse Mike, he's slightly retarded from all the trees he hits.

He means running 5 (9 speed) sprockets on a Singlespeed freehub.
Hope makes it's SS/Trails version of the ProII with a shorter freehub just wide enough to run 5 sprockets for trials riders (think it's in the rules that you need to have gears in trials comps).

Mike check your PM.

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
If i remember rightly:lighten:....didnt Industry9 custom make such a hub for BCDs 29r dh bike?????? Might be worth shooting them an email?????

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
If i remember rightly:lighten:....didnt Industry9 custom make such a hub for BCDs 29r dh bike?????? Might be worth shooting them an email?????
Yes, they did. PM BCD, if you offer enough, he might give it up. But part of me wants to say it's 135mm spacing. It's now on a Rockhopper SS ridged XC bike. Crazy kids.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
:redface: Sorry for my poor explanation, it's christmas and all that I've had to much booze!

Basically what I wanted from Hope was a hub with enough spacing on the freehub to run 5 sprockets from a 9 speed cassette which gives me the ratios I want and need but with wider spaced flanges which will build into a stronger wheel.

Altho the trials hub does weigh a tad more due to steel freehub body it shouldn't make that much difference after you have dumped the 4 sprockets you never use ;) Oh and also you wont get that gouging from the cassette on the freehub that some people can't live with!

Gary I only hit one tree the last time we were out I must be getting better :imstupid:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
what is that? a DT?
looks perfect!!
is it available to buy?
if so, where?