Quantcast

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Anybody else diggin' the new station lineup?
I've always preferred Sirius' rock programming over XM and now I've got the best of both worlds.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
hate it, although i havent messed around i cant find XM raw, rhyme, system or joint.
and the stations that i think are equvilent so far have been playing ****ty music.

feel free to tell me the numbers for them if they still exist though

Haitiracers

Chimp
May 9, 2005
Reading, PA
Always preferred Sirius too, but I drive a GM and they always have XM. Now I can ditch the Sirius receiver and just use the factory one which I'm pretty pumped for. I do wish that either would put the punk station back on and lose the stupid AC/DC channel. I can only hear Back in Black so many times...

Jam On is always my favorite though..even though I can't stand Phish.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I am still exploring the new stations. I am not sure if I like the changes yet.

I did not notice the channel of AC/DC. That is just horrible, those guys needed to stop making music a long time ago.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I've had Sirius since February of 2006.

Things like the Punk channel, the Buzzsaw channel and others are what made it worth having.

Sirius got rid of punk.
Moved playboy.
Got Oprah.

I am going to cancel my service. It sucks balls now. They replaced Punk with some goddamned emo crap. I am not happy.

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
Fungus 53 was one of the only XM channels I really liked. My dad and I also loved the Beyond Jazz 72 channel, and of course they got rid of that. I haven't listened to any of the channels since they merged, are there any decent metal channels?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm not too happy about them killing off the punk channel and Backspin. But they already have a Christmas channel up and running (ch 81) so I guess that makes up for it?

I'm still unsure what the new lineup does to the NFL coverage. That used to be included in the basic Sirius subscription. Do I have to pay extra to hear NFL games now?

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
I've had sirius for a year now and i think its alright. They just got rid of my two favorite channels. Punk and Backspin. Ridiculous. Plus, i think they should have more channels of every genre. Im gonna give'um a little while yet.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I do wish that either would put the punk station back on and lose the stupid AC/DC channel
I couldn't agree more. I've emailed a few times and always get the same response: "You can hear some of the songs we used to play on that channel on other channels."

:rolleyes:

JIB

Chimp
Jul 21, 2008
Bristol, TN
they got rid of xm65 the rhyme? wow, I'm really glad we canceled now.
Yeah, I'm pissed. Especially since it was the only rap station worth listening to. If they bring back Fungus, I'll be okay since I now get Jam On and the Dead channel. I do miss the One Revolution show on Fred.

Sep 19, 2008
Central Alamance County
Can't believe they killed Backspin. There is no other old school rap channel, just the full vulgarity of Shade45 and Rude Judes tired ol' arse.
At least Jason Ellis is still on Faction, the wing is the future of radio!

other than getting sirius for howard stern, i only listened to the punk channel, hard attack, backspin, and boombox(for the wifey). i guess faction is sort of punk based, but way to pop, the metal channel is still mostly there, but no backspin or boombox kinda sucks...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
sirius can suck my balls from ditching Fungus 53 for AC/DC!!!! it stinks and i dont like it!

I'm pretty sure the AC/DC channel is only temporary. They did the same thing when Metallica released their new album.
nope...its hear to stay...unfortunately.....and is AC/DC trying put out another album? they can die too

they got rid of xm65 the rhyme? wow, I'm really glad we canceled now.
another reason why they can die

thank god for O&A still.
O&A Party Rock

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I'm not too happy about them killing off the punk channel and Backspin. But they already have a Christmas channel up and running (ch 81) so I guess that makes up for it?

I'm still unsure what the new lineup does to the NFL coverage. That used to be included in the basic Sirius subscription. Do I have to pay extra to hear NFL games now?
I believe we should still get the NFL channels.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I called them today, got the "we value your input" bull from them.

I am going to talk it over with the wife, but for the three radios and $30 a month we give them, I am thinking of killing my account.

I am going to talk it over with the wife, but for the three radios and $30 a month we give them, I am thinking of killing my account.
well it's still better than terrestrial radio in Hartford, CT!

But I'm pissed the messed with the big 80s programming. In addition, no more backspin, left of center and the strobe :(

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I asked the guy on the phone if Sirius had polled members on what they wanted, or if they had even ever bothered to ask if changes would be acceptable. He explained that they had asked many subscribers what they wanted to have happen.

Funny thing is, I don't know anyone who they've asked.
I know I sure as **** wasn't polled.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
calling them and complaining about their program lineup will not do any good.

hopefully HD radio will be more widespread sooner...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

cancel it, buy some cds. Your money speaks louder than your voice with these people. In a month they'll change their lineup when they realize how many customers they lost. I listened to XM because it played things that nobody else played.