Quantcast

Sizing... any thoughts?

Rocket88

Chimp
Sep 23, 2003
Florida
I am getting a foreign exchange student and wanted to build a bike for her before she arrives. She is 5" even... do you think I should go with a 15" frame using 26" wheels or go with a 24" wheel bike? I think it will mostly be used to get around but hopefully there will be some trail riding. I am not sure what a good fit for 5" nothing would be.... any thoughts?

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Rocket88 said:
I am getting a foreign exchange student and wanted to build a bike for her before she arrives. She is 5" even... do you think I should go with a 15" frame using 26" wheels or go with a 24" wheel bike? I think it will mostly be used to get around but hopefully there will be some trail riding. I am not sure what a good fit for 5" nothing would be.... any thoughts?
She's 5"? Wow, 5 inches is pretty tiny...she must be from a very small country... :D

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Rocket88 said:
I am getting a foreign exchange student and wanted to build a bike for her before she arrives. She is 5" even...
I bet she's one of them sea monkeys, although 5" is pretty big for a sea monkey. Did you order from the back of Boys Life? :D

Seriously though, why don't you wait until she gets here, then take her out bike shopping? Might be a nice way for the two of you to bond and let her have some input into the purchase.

Rocket88

Chimp
Sep 23, 2003
Florida
Serioulsy... I am a moron - 5" D'OH! anyway that sounds like a good idea. I thought it would be cool as hell to have it there when she got to our house but I guess you are right, without inseam (which I am not going to ask) it would be hard to guess. Good call. I will just tell the shop to down low the price and score it. Thanks for the input.