Quantcast

skate trucks

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
venture maybe? ive got a pair of phantom 2s that are sick, not heavy, just in the middle, and real stong, that im happy with. i think someone makes a "superlite", but ive heard that they break really easily. destructo by far makes the strongest trucks,but if you're worried about weight, id check that online and compare. anything that you can find made by destructo is strong.
however, my previous recommendation still stands, phantoms.

oh, one more thing. why such an empahsis on weight? id rather have a pair of trucks that i trust, than ones that are mad light, but that im worried about breaking. if someone made a truck that was a perfect balance of both, everyone would have them. since they dont, you gotta pick your losses. play it safe, eh? you dont want to hurt yourself over a few ounces of weight on a skateboard.
but thats just my $.02

Mar 22, 2005
the trucks are just going on a cruzer skate, and I not going to be jumping stairs or anything like that on it so I'm not worried about strength all that much.

Also, can't you post anything on the lounge forum as long as it isnt disguisting and crude?

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
bomberboy1234 said:
Also, can't you post anything on the lounge forum as long as it isnt disguisting and crude?
Yes you can, but why post it on a mountain biking forum when I'm sure somewhere there is a skate boarding forum with a thread just like this, im sure you wouldnt even have to register.

J

JRB

There are no trucks besides Independent.

*oh yeah - who cares if they posted about skating. We haven't made you uppity turds go to the dickheads only forum.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Heckm if it's just a "cruiser board" what do you need light trucks for??
Sounds like a cross country boar to me.
Try the new trek fuels, or a moots.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
tensor sucks all ass... wow ive got a plasic deally that helps me grind....e-translation im a huge pozer who rides trucks that cant grind worth ****

D

d-sop

loco said:
There are no trucks besides Independent.

*oh yeah - who cares if they posted about skating. We haven't made you uppity turds go to the dickheads only forum.
ZING

i had independent on my h-core board which i sold. extreme strong. venture is where its at for like longboards and crap

D

d-sop

priceseliger14 said:
Yes you can, but why post it on a mountain biking forum when I'm sure somewhere there is a skate boarding forum with a thread just like this, im sure you wouldnt even have to register.
dood you too can suck my penis. why are you hatin skaters, yet not hatin the snowboards? and why dont you hate the political sh*t in this site? hes posting cuz nobody reads anything else except this. if you have a problem, you can leave.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
indipendents are the only trucks to get..... destroyers have a very similar feel though. i dont get why you need light trucks if your not doing tricks. its not like your going to go any slower because of it.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
dirtjumpP.1 said:
tensor sucks all ass... wow ive got a plasic deally that helps me grind....e-translation im a huge pozer who rides trucks that cant grind worth ****

well, If you could really skate worth a damn......You would find that they are good, Not alot of material on the axles to wear away, but they still work

I used to switch the tensor bases with destructo axles......BEST TRUCKS EVER

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
d-sop said:
dood you too can suck my penis. why are you hatin skaters, yet not hatin the snowboards? and why dont you hate the political sh*t in this site? hes posting cuz nobody reads anything else except this. if you have a problem, you can leave.
I am not hatin anyone, I was saying you could probley find a better answer on a skate board site instead of a mountain biking forum. I don't have to hate on the snowboardes because they have there own area, if we had a skate boarding area, this thread would help you, but a skate board forum would probley give you better answers.

Also, what do political stuff have to do with it, and the last 2 senteces really didn't make much sense.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
tracker used to make a magnesium truck. of course that was back in the early 90's. Don't even know if tracker is around anymore. Those things were MAD light. Great for vert, but not for street. couldn't take the about of grindingon cement, but they worked well on steel or PVC coping.

For a goof once my friend put them on his G&S featherlight - those boards were made out of fiberglass. not very strong, but you couldn't find a lighter board! Am I dating myself with that? That was maybe mid-late 80's...

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
actually I just looked, and tracker is still in business. they even sell and recast some OLD gear. but they are outta the magnesium trucks. They are selling GSD boards, of which I had as one of my first skateboards, if I remember correctly.. how funny.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I have Indys but I think Venture Featherlights have a good reputation. My Indys ain't heavy by a long way. I used to have GrindKings in the early 90's - those were heavy!

J

JRB

Where is the best online place to shop? I am thinking I need to start hitting the skatepark again.

J

JRB

Changleen said:
Support your local slack stoner skaters, dude! Just don't buy from a 'lifestyle' chain store!
There used to be a shop here in town. I will see if they are still around tomorrow.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
my favorite decks where enjois. they all had random grafics that were pretty cool, they also had good shape and pop.

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
good places online to get skate sh** is, ccs.com, activemailorder.com, and monsterskate.com. I have ordered stuff from all three, they are great. and by the way, TENSORS ARE GREAT TRUCKS!!!!!

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
tensors suck, you grind anything thats not metal and you go 2 ft and stop....
LOL..... not everyone like to grind every rail, just because they dont have lots and lots of metal under em does not mean that they suck.

...... I have had good experiences with Tensors, no complaints. my current set up has a set a Fury's on it. The Fury's are nice but a little bit high with the attched riser pads, I just took mine off.Tensors are hella light and are really good if you are doing more tech. type tricks. If you are gonna grind every rail in sight get a set of Grind Kings or Indy's. Ventures are really good all around trucks, not to heavy and not lacking metal to grind as many rails as you can find.