Quantcast

Sketchy people and you

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I've been trying to sell my bike for a while, with limited (zero) success, but I'm not trying very hard because I don't want to lose money on it. I was recently contacted by a local (yay no shipping) who has a rather interesting track record, and it scares the **** outta me. There's at least one bad seller thread on here about him, and he was recently arrested for driving a stolen vehicle. I think I already know the answer, but if I meet this dude in front of, say, the local police station, and he pays cash, am I still likely to get burned? Right now I'd rather just ignore him, but if he's slapping me in the face with cash, it's hard to argue.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Cash, public place, daylight, bring a friend with a gun. After you get his cash, have the friend pretend to hold you both up and steal the cash, and the rest of whatever cash/valuables Sketchy guy has, and ride off on Sketchies/your bike. Rendezvous later, split the $$ and get your bike back. Move to Paraguay, establish new identity, repeat as neccesary.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If he wants to ride the bike, get his driver's license and the cash up front.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I'd say go with your gut- it's not worth the trouble. People who are drama ridden tend to be amazingly good at sucking others into their bullsh!t.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'd say go with your gut- it's not worth the trouble. People who are drama ridden tend to be amazingly good at sucking others into their bullsh!t.
yeah...i've tried to reach out to him before, but just getting him on the phone was a pita. That's when I googled him and like 4 red flags came up. Plus, I'm tired of moving to paraguay.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I've been trying to sell my bike for a while, with limited (zero) success, but I'm not trying very hard because I don't want to lose money on it. I was recently contacted by a local (yay no shipping) who has a rather interesting track record, and it scares the **** outta me. There's at least one bad seller thread on here about him, and he was recently arrested for driving a stolen vehicle. I think I already know the answer, but if I meet this dude in front of, say, the local police station, and he pays cash, am I still likely to get burned? Right now I'd rather just ignore him, but if he's slapping me in the face with cash, it's hard to argue.
Is this someone I might know? PM his name.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Stay away from sketchy people. The guy would probably meet you to buy it then try to haggle down the price. Besides I hear Paraguay sucks this time of year.

Which bike you trying to sell?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I'd do a cash deal in a safe place, as long as the fvcker didn't get my phone or address. Hold the bills up to the light and check the security strip and then GTFO.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If I were desperate to get rid of the bike, I'd do it in front of the police station, cash up front before a test ride.

Otherwise, I agree with the above; problematic people are more trouble than they're worth.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i dont do cash transactions over $500.
i´d ask for a bank transfer, then you deliver the bike to a mall, or a mickey-d or some place like that.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Paraguay is in turmoil since some hitman with a fetish for 80's girls killed him with a fork. Don't go there.

But to keep us posted on the drama. Monkees luvs teh drama!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cash, public place, daylight, bring a friend with a gun. After you get his cash, have the friend pretend to hold you both up and steal the cash, and the rest of whatever cash/valuables Sketchy guy has, and ride off on Sketchies/your bike. Rendezvous later, split the $$ and get your bike back. Move to Paraguay, establish new identity, repeat as neccesary.
This must be a good idea as I was going to say the same thing. Thanks for stealing my thunder....

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
JohnE and JD have the right idea. Teach him what it's like to be stolen from.

Make sure you both dress up as woman during this. Gorilla suits are too obvious.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I hear Uruguay is the hot spot to be in these days. Better class of third world herpes at least.

I make a living off of sketchy people doing sketchy people things. Make the deal, I need a new Ti big tire bike.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I would sell a bike to a shady mofo in front of a cop shop and if he gave me legit cash money, stop being a bitch.

Bring a couple buddies, some baseball bats and a sack of marbles. If any **** goes down you will be ready.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
for what, marble baseball?
Have you tried playing marble baseball? End up covered in glass, cut all to hell, spitting blood, digging shards out of your eye. Its just a bag full of suck when you play baseball with a bag full of marbles.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it's a shame dirt has no children you can borrow to defend you against attack.....when sh!t goes sideways you know they would have it handled.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I would sell a bike to a shady mofo in front of a cop shop and if he gave me legit cash money, stop being a bitch.

Bring a couple buddies, some baseball bats and a sack of marbles. If any **** goes down you will be ready.
So you want Sammich to show up in front of a police station with a few guys with baseball bats to meet this guy???

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the cops might not be cool with that.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
So you want Sammich to show up in front of a police station with a few guys with baseball bats to meet this guy???

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the cops might not be cool with that.
Whats wrong with a group of guys with some b ball bats? What if the cop shop is on the way to the b bal diamond?

Does it really matter why I suggested a sack of marbles?