Quantcast

Skip work! Shuttle the shed!!

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Thursday or friday me and my buddy jack want to come out to the shed and ride. I can cram 4 bikes and their riders into my rodeo with only minor discomfort. If you want to meet up, lemme know.

-Clay

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i can't on thursday but let me know if and when you go on friday. i might be down for some riding. the earlier the better. i'm actually going to be out there riding tomorrow morning (i guess it's technically today morning now).

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
skatetokil said:
Hmm. what kinda vehicle do you have?
i've got a little car with a trunk rack that can only carry 2 DH bikes and a light HT max. i'm not 100% sure i'll be riding frederick on friday... i'll probably be out there this weekend though.

i'm actually going to be away at a buddy's lake house (leaving in a few minutes) all day tomorrow without internet access so i'll check in tomorrow night to see if there's a plan. if not, i'll just hit 495.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
because i'm riding somewhere else on the weekend and my job allows me to go pretty much whenever i feel like it.

How bout next week? Anybody? Any day but monday should work for me.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i might be up for a shed ride on wednesday... waiting for a friend who's returning from s. africa (tomorrow) who's got a good shuttle vehicle (unless we make a day trip up to diablo instead).

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I've got a Tacoma with a Dakine pad. I can take 3 + me in the cab, plus a few more in the bed.

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
I'd like to ride there (or diablo) wed or fri. Alas, my truck is in the shop and won't be ready for wed.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Tattooo said:
I've got a Tacoma with a Dakine pad. I can take 3 + me in the cab, plus a few more in the bed.
ideally, we usually use a truck/van with 4-5 riders and bikes and just have each person sit out a run to optimize shuttles, gas, and drive time. this way, you get 3-4 riders per run with a truck ready to pick up at the bottom each run to lap it out!

i'll get in touch with stiff tomorrow and see if he wants to hit up the shed or diablo for wednesday.

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
We managed 7 riders in a Tacoma the weekend before last at the Shed. Wasn't comfy but it worked.

I may be up for some riding on Wednesday depending on how works shapes up. I wouldn't mind riding in the later afternoon so I could at least have a half day to make some bankroll. Word.

I'm definitely there on Sunday and maybe Friday (which would work better than Wednesday).

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
can we set up somethin definent for the weekend? I only ask because the last two weeeks ive wanted to ride at the shed but people wont post ride until 10 hours before, which isnt enough lead time for me. I really wanna ride some nice FR trails before goin back to school.

rm1

Chimp
Jun 22, 2006
I live 15 min from the trails. If you want to ride let me know and i can be there. I usally ride about 4-5 times a week in the shed.

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
I'm a definite for Sunday, 10am, top of Pipeline for a warm up then would like to ride over on the north side for a while....which would make that our usual Sunday ride that we've missed a few of in the last couple weeks because of mechanicals or vacations or work.

Friday afternoon at about 2 would work well for me also. Supposed to be in the low 90's so it should be tolerable out there. Plus I'll beat the rush hour traffic around the Stabmore beltway.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i'm thinking diablo is out for tomorrow since it's supposed to be like 110 with the heat index and i suffered badly last summer there in the heat. i'd be willing to hit up the shed though since it is at least local. it would probably be best to start early and end early or start late and end late to keep it somewhat cool. i'm thinking we should meet up there at 10am and ride until about 3pm or meet up there at 3pm and ride until 8pm. what is everyone's preference? who's in for sure and has a shuttle worthy vehicle (if stiff is back from s. africa, we'll have one that can do 5 bikes and 5 people).

i'll will also be at deep creek (with my girlfriend's family) for a mini-trip this weekend and might stop by to do the DS and DH race.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
well, i could do either time on wed, but my rodeo is not the best shuttle vehicle. i can handle 3, maybe 4 riders, but loading and unloading is a royal pain in the arse.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Yea, I can do that. Have to see about leaving down here at Virginia Beach early enough to make the ride. Let me see if I can swing out, will post tonight.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i won't be back online again until about 11pm tonight. post what time y'all want to ride and i'll be there... i'd prefer the earlier time though.

just PMed ya' skatetokil, tattoo, and rm1.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
How far away ruffly is the shed from mt.airy ? I've got a doctors appointment at 12 there and if its not to far I could ride for a while and then off I go...

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
hardtailer88 said:
my friend paul and I will be at the shed tomorrow at 9:15 ish. We are meeting at the Hamburg parking lot.... the more the marrier!
i don't know if you saw the notice, but hamburg roads is going to be closed so i don't know if you'll have access to the parking lot.