Quantcast

Sky Tavern Classic Downhill?

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Hey all,

I'll be racing in the Sky Tavern Classic this weekend, never been there, wondering if anyone has, could you chime in on what it's like? What is the course like, rocky, steep, drops, ect. Comparable to anything at Dville or Northstar?

Thanks
Matt

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Thanks for the info kidwoo! So full on DH bike? Anything in the way of drops, gnar rock gardens, or is it just tight and tech?

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Jav, ride your gixxer on that sky tavern course! It's kind of a fun course, kinda short though... Ya think anyone's going to show up this time???
HAHA, I might ride it up there and get some time in on some twistys......I'm still unsure I want to go. I might just go hit Northstar up.

IVCrider

Chimp
Jun 24, 2006
In Traffic
Thanks for the info kidwoo! So full on DH bike? Anything in the way of drops, gnar rock gardens, or is it just tight and tech?
I did the race last year. The course is relatively all single track( a little fireroad in the middle that has a hip into a ski run and a step up at the end, short, rocky and really really loose. I'd say ride the DH rig. I am confussed however about the date for this race. I thought it was back in August and got cancelled?

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
I did the race last year. The course is relatively all single track( a little fireroad in the middle that has a hip into a ski run and a step up at the end, short, rocky and really really loose. I'd say ride the DH rig. I am confussed however about the date for this race. I thought it was back in August and got cancelled?
they did race it back in August. The didn't cancel it.... but only a handful of people stuck around to race it.