Quantcast

$$$ Slacker Thursderp GMT $$$

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Today will be long and boring. I don't ask for much, I am a simple guy. But I can't automate a manual process that doesn't exist. I don't need a Word doc, a sticky note with a couple steps about how it needs to go from A to B and what X should be. In the last 4 days I have been sent 3 files with no instructions and it turns out the files were bad anyway.

I'm paid by the hour and my contract ends in 4 weeks. If you want to just keep paying me while your employee (and me) does nothing, sure. :drag:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Nothing to report. Entering last phase of house renos, installing baseboards and fabricating kitchen cabinets doors. We decided not to sell right away and enjoy the summer. Road trip planning is underway. Probably Northwest and BC.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. World seemed very dark outside this morning while driving into work.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Present. May service my dropper post this evening. I have noticed that bike maintenance is a lot easier, albeit less enjoyable, while I'm on the no alcohol kick :rofl:.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Apparently putting my phone case which has a large magnet in it onto my laptop's keyboard area makes it have a full out seizure. Huh, who would have thought?

Le coffee. Fun time at Joyride last night, hadn't been there in years. Still the same; the concrete is scary stuff.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I should have stayed in bed this morning. Did not get much sleep last night, as I could not have stopped thinking about the odd jerb offer. The CEO is speaking with me today so a trivial mistake / corrected offer letter can be ruled out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I should have stayed in bed this morning. Did not get much sleep last night, as I could not have stopped thinking about the odd jerb offer. The CEO is speaking with me today so a trivial mistake / corrected offer letter can be ruled out.
ask him if he rides. if he does, proceed to talk shit on everything about his bike.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Leaf back to Nissan so they can try again. Let's see if I can end the day without being ejected from another dealer ship under threat of arrest, shall we?

Vegging out at local coffee hole now. Maybe run at Palmer later? Maybe bicycle. Brother is supposed to be in town. Might ride with him if CSPD can get their crime scene shit together and they don't take up his whole day again.

Spent an hour or so at Memorial Hospital yesterday after work. One of the ramp guys was in a pretty awful car wreck Tuesday. He remains in an induced coma because of internal injuries. Met his family. Prognosis is favorable but he has a long road to recovery. I should go donate some blood.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I would like to react to your Leaf anecdote, but don't want that to reflect your ramp guy's car accident.

:(

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Present. May service my dropper post this evening. I have noticed that bike maintenance is a lot easier, albeit less enjoyable, while I'm on the no alcohol kick :rofl:.
I finally got mine sent in for service last week it did not see much action last year so never found the motivation to get it fixed.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
"those tires? those are shit. what the fuck were you thinking?!"
Fun fact, I saw a bike repair stand in one of the small offices in their office so there is a good chance someone there is a baller. That said, they acknowledged their mistake and a new offer letter should be coming my way soon looks good.

#readytocrash

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Leaf back to Nissan so they can try again. Let's see if I can end the day without being ejected from another dealer ship under threat of arrest, shall we?
Just picked up car. Nissan took care of everything today, in less time than it took them to tell me they had fucked up royally two weeks ago. I didn't even have to suggest anyone was full of shit today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I think I won today's commute. 9 miles down snow-packed, 2-lane wide, zero traffic dirt road, while rocking the Subaru on snows. Maps said 18min to destination; took 11 :rockout:.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Just sold my soul to a new devil. Wishing all the job hunting monkeys best of luck!!
Now a trip to our fav bar for a few beers and some tasty protein. Cannot believe both wifey and I got sworn into new gigs a week apart, after both having looked for a year+.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Last edited: