StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Theres a "ski area" down the road from where I live that has a vertical of 309 ft. 3. 0. 9. And the place is packed on weekends.
I honestly get that. I grew up skiing a hill with 200' drop, and nobody had more fun than we did back then. Race nights were always filled to capacity, parents had fun, kids got better. I have some of the best terrain in my backyard now but those days on the little hill were awesome.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I honestly get that. I grew up skiing a hill with 200' drop, and nobody had more fun than we did back then. Race nights were always filled to capacity, parents had fun, kids got better. I have some of the best terrain in my backyard now but those days on the little hill were awesome.
the funny thing is, most in MA can get to decent hills in the same amount of time it seems to take the CO monkeys, who can't stop complaining about the traffic and leave well before fyve-ay-emm to get there.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
the funny thing is, most in MA can get to decent hills in the same amount of time it seems to take the CO monkeys, who can't stop complaining about the traffic and leave well before fyve-ay-emm to get there.
now that there is funny. When I lived in Santa Cruz we thought nothing of leaving home at 4 am to make first lift at Kirkwood, 4.5 hours and 211 miles then drive back home that night. Never could afford two days of skiing and a hotel room.