Quantcast

>>Slacking Monderp GMT<<

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Came into work and went straight to the pooper. Great start.

Looks like it'll be a great day out there.

I saw Jurassic World yesterday. Fairly disappointing; it was too cheesy.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
rode DH Saturday.
missed a great ride yesterday, but saw teh Stoney and fam for dinner in the evening.
oh well ... today is a new day.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Insurance physical this morning. I'm getting a smaller life insurance policy and stupidly I still must go through underwriting again.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
dropping off the spitfire to get faced and chased at lunchtime.
hrmph-which parts? brake mounts? that stinks. you get the dropouts sorted?

gonna shop for a new helmet at lunch. apparently i must have left mine on top of the car or something on friday? because i can't find it anywhere. probably a good thing, as it's about 8 yrs old and has sustained quite a few hits.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Insurance physical this morning. I'm getting a smaller life insurance policy and stupidly I still must go through underwriting again.
And that's done. Pissed in a cup, had blood pressure checked three times, height/weight check, and questions like "have you done crack cocaine in the last 10 years?" On the upside, I clocked in at an inch taller than I think I am and 3 lbs lighter than my scale said I was this morning. I'm still going to be in the "fat rate" group, though.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Big kick-ass ride yesterday that Nick missed has me hurting today. Well, that plus a different big ride the day before. Gonna try and crank out at least 1-2 more rides this week before it's off to Vernal, UT to race the car.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
any frame should come ready to build, IMO, including all facing and chasing of threads.
your banshee is hereby and hence forth deemed unrideable. sorry.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
any frame should come ready to build, IMO, including all facing and chasing of threads.
your banshee is hereby and hence forth deemed unrideable. sorry.
unfortunately, in all my years of cycling, i have never once come across a frameset that didn't require facing and chasing (this is inclusive of my years working at a higher end bike shop).

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm really surprised by that.
I'm a Turner fan-boy and have owned 4 over the last 12 years, every one came fully prepared and ready to build.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You have got to be fucking kidding me. Why would a mfg'r do this??
because bike industry?

actual reason i've been told is that if during shipping/handling the frame picks up any dings or nicks, then you can get them out without risking the diameters or other dims winding up out of tolerance. also in many cases, painting/powdercoating/ano is the last step in the manufacturing process prior to pack and ship.

and this isn't just small manufacturers. even trek and specialized frames require a chase n face. not sure if their modern stuff does with integrated headsets and press fits bottom brackets (which are horrible, by the way).

just so i'm clear - this is only on frames, not complete bikes.

anyways, back when i turned wrenches i heard a story that trek denied a warranty for a stripped BB on a frame because it wasn't chased before building it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm really surprised by that.
I'm a Turner fan-boy and have owned 4 over the last 12 years, every one came fully prepared and ready to build.
i'm not saying that there aren't frame builders out there that don't face n chase their frames, but they are the exception, not the rule.

in googling the subject, i came across a story by a guy claiming that Chris King denied a warranty claim due to the headset being used on an unfaced frame.