Quantcast

>~<sleepy monday gmt>~<

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I feel pretty energetic today which is good because I have a lot of running around to do today. New rubber should arrive this afternoon, the rims are ready for quick installation so I can try them out this evening.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Cool and rainy today. coffee in hand, 3/4 work day and some minor doctorin' later.

Legs feel old after 2 rides in three days. Apparently my winter regimen of skiing, eating and beer didn't work. :hmm:

New bike is the bee's knees. I swapped in some HR II tires, had to tweak the rear hub and may switch the bars back to my old eastons. Love love love this thing.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello lmfao!!

I went to bed just after 8:00 last night. I was damn near falling asleep while making dinner. So, nuttin' wrong with 9 hours of sleep on a work night, and I hopped right out of bed at 5:15 this morning for my swim. I was definitely feeling the weekend's run and ride during that swim though...my legs had nothing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rode yesterday. On tap for today is another ride, painting and have a guy coming over to buy a bunch of old car parts and hopefully one of the cars.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
XC skiing in AT gear is a lot of work.

Not as much work as the kids had on slowshoes, though. :busted:

New rubber here as well - this time for the front to replace the VEEEERY old Rubber Queen that has, as of late, been trying to kill me.

I now have POUNDS of tire on my bike... :homer:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Healthy hike on Saturday + healthy ride on Sunday means I'm feeling it today. Gonna skip the gym in favor of a rest day. Sounds like a good plan to me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Back at work, would rather still be in Fruita/Moab. Wifey killed it for her first time out there.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Snowed again last night, but the temperature went up over night. Epic fog on the way into work.

FTS at work.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Bike rack modified so it will fold up and clear spare tire by 1/2", and swing gate fully opens and clears rack by 1/2" when folded down. Success.

Soft top on. Success.

1.5 more days before vacation. Success.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
squeezed in a non-mountain ride yesterday. hit a section of rail trail that i have not been on before. this section was mostly hard pack gravel and overlooked a small river. nice scenery. kept a good pace despite my poor overall condition. was pleased. also pleasing, after ~6 miles / 30 minutes, i arrived at one of the local breweries. i regretted not having a growler. i will not make this mistake again.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Got our camper out and ready for our trip next week. Got down our old bikes and readied them too (I'd much rather travel to a non-bike trip with a $400 bike than a $4k bike). Oldest is gearing up for State Gymnastics Championships this weekend too...gonna be a busy 10 days and then vacation!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning. Good first real ride of the season yesterday with Nick and Adventurous. Only wanted to die most of the way up. Got in a good swim this morning as well. I really need to focus on training and diet again, as I have a race 6/18 that might actually kill me.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
'squeeb, you're old enough to need prostate checks? I thought you were younger than that.

Estimated tax payments sent.
I have to do this next week, too. Meanwhile Colorado has been sitting on my state tax return for over 5 weeks with it "processing". Seems like a double standard there.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Giving blood. Just got texted I forgot my lunch. Guess ill be swinging by home on my way to site.

Hip bruise from Saturday's crash is blossoming nicely.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Bike rack modified so it will fold up and clear spare tire by 1/2", and swing gate fully opens and clears rack by 1/2" when folded down. Success.

Soft top on. Success.

1.5 more days before vacation. Success.
Was taken out to lunch by management to celebrate closing a 2-year design project that remedied one of the biggest safety issues on site, which included a pretty awesome cash award as well. Mega success.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
"Family history"
Nearly everyone has prostate (and thyroid for that matter) cancer by the time they die. They just never know it. If it was aggressive (i.e Gleason 4 + 3 or higher) and they died from it then that's one thing. Gleason 3 + 3 or even 3 + 4 is something that I wouldn't worry about…

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
My dad was treated for prostate cancer in his early 60s, they'd been watching it for a number of years - better to know early than to have it hit you face.
Yup. Had my first colonoscopy at age 32. Some form of cancer has taken out almost every singe relative I've got, a long way up the family tree, so, discretion being the better part of valor I've wound up getting a lot of the so called "preventative care" early.

Edit to reflect @Toshi post: Family history does include early death. My old man had prostate cancer too in his early 40's. It was caught because of family history early screenings.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Bike riding and soccer all weekend and the weather is going to get nice this week so I am in a good mood. I got a Ridemonkey visiting for a concert tonight.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Everything I was supposed to get done this week has been done. Get my new shoes Wednesday just in time for the cold weather to return. I need a new Mattress. So I will be shopping for a Mattress.