Quantcast

Slightly OT-Red Bull

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
Red Bull is okay with me.

They heavily sponsor/own Scott Speed who will be the first American Driver to race in 13 years come Sunday at the Grand Prix of Bahrain.

Their support of mountain biking is unquestioned. Heck they even sposored the guy I train with. He is an adventure racer.

Dieter has done mighty well for himself!

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
This is about Red Bull, a supporter of our sport..sort of, so please don't blast me for posting this here.
Where are they getting all this money? The owner(s) definitely sold their souls to the devil.
F1, MLS, SX, etc.
Will they please buy NORBA!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns
A few billion in worldwide sales kinda helps. As does their agressive marketing. Look how many companies now have an energy drink out to try to compete. There's Full Throttle, Sobe Adrenaline Rush, Vault, etc.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Redbull accounts are massive. They outfit plenty of bars/truckstops/corner stores/grocery stores/711s etc worldwide. Most companies just don't throw it around a la redbull. The owners like to have fun, and they like to treat their employees right.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
well yeah....they're basically in the business of selling drugs.....look how well starbucks has done!?!?....look how well the tobacco industry does....it's because they're selling an addictive product.....I've got no complaints though....they contribute alot to the sport....

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I just bought a red bull fridge...:drool: it's stocked with a case of bull and some good imports :drool:
the little can one ??? i just mentioned that i wanted one to my wife tonight as we walked past one at the BX...

where did ya pick it up ?? new ?? how much ??

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ian Collins said:
well yeah....they're basically in the business of selling drugs.....look how well starbucks has done!?!?....look how well the tobacco industry does....it's because they're selling an addictive product.....I've got no complaints though....they contribute alot to the sport....
There is less then half the caffeine in a redbull then in a typical cup of coffee.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
partsbara said:
the little can one ??? i just mentioned that i wanted one to my wife tonight as we walked past one at the BX...

where did ya pick it up ?? new ?? how much ??
Yep picked a used one up on ebay for about $270 (that included shipping)...UPS put a small dent in it, and I claimed it was unrepairable and that i bought it as a collectable. I am waiting for the check in the mail.

so it was free :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Transcend said:
There is less then half the caffeine in a redbull then in a typical cup of coffee.
Red Bull has such a placebo affect on me...

I am actually starting to dig the taiste of Monster as well.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Actually, Redbull has 80mg of caffeine in one can.

Cup of coffee 90-150mg
Instant coffee 60-80mg
Tea 30-70mg
Cola 30-45mg
Chocolate bar 30mg
Vivarin 200mg
Cold relief tablet 30mg

I buy a case of Redbull at Costco once a month and they are $32.99 for 24 cans.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Red Bull has such a placebo affect on me...

I am actually starting to dig the taiste of Monster as well.
Actually it's probably more Vitamin B overload then placebo. That **** has like 1200% of your daily recommended vitamin B in it.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Kanter said:

Cup of coffee 90-150mg
Instant coffee 60-80mg
Tea 30-70mg
Cola 30-45mg
Chocolate bar 30mg
Vivarin 200mg
Cold relief tablet 30mg

What's the white sugar count in a can of that stuff.....?.....are there any herbal 'uppers' in it....?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Transcend said:
Actually it's probably more Vitamin B overload then placebo. That **** has like 1200% of your daily recommended vitamin B in it.
hahhaah you made me laugh on that one...I like it on those mornings where you just cant get it going. it give you that "my heart is gonna blow feeling"

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Cant Climb said:
What's the white sugar count in a can of that stuff.....?.....are there any herbal 'uppers' in it....?
No herbal crap as far as I know, and sugar is about the same as a softdrink, unless you get the sugar free stuff which is, obviously, sugar free.

It is the vitamin overdose that gives you the temporary wakeup (and the little bit of caffeine). Unless you are like me, in which case i drink so much coffee/soft drinks, that i get pretty much nothing out of a redbull.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Kanter said:
It does have Taurine in it
Trace amounts I believe and Taurine doesn't do anything but aid in digestion. There is absolutely no scientific proof that it enhances caffeine's effects (which is the claim of most of these drink manufacturers).

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Transcend said:
Unless you are like me, in which case i drink so much coffee/soft drinks, that i get pretty much nothing out of a redbull.
Im getting too that point. I drink the sugar free stuff though...Dont even notice it now.

Sep 10, 2001
Kanter said:

Cup of coffee 90-150mg
Instant coffee 60-80mg
Tea 30-70mg
Cola 30-45mg
Chocolate bar 30mg
Vivarin 200mg
Cold relief tablet 30mg

That case of Redbull and a gallon of Smirnoff and you are good to go... Gotta love Costco.

Brian

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Jayridesacove said:
There's Full Throttle, ..., Vault, etc.
Both of those are Coco-Cola products. I like Full Throttle better than any others, though. Someone sells "Red Rain" up here - I like it better than Red Bull. Not sure who makes it, though.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
red bull is the only way to go hahhaha "red rain"... Bars down this way have this crap called "bonzai" on tap...I was a bit under the influence one night and asked the bartender for a red bull and vodka i he responded "we dont have red bull we have bonzai"

i prob looked like this :looney:...

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
manhattanprjkt83 said:
red bull is the only way to go hahhaha "red rain"... Bars down this way have this crap called "bonzai" on tap...I was a bit under the influence one night and asked the bartender for a red bull and vodka i he responded "we dont have red bull we have bonzai"

i prob looked like this :looney:...
For half the price and a better taste, I'll take the knock off Red Rain.

MadDHer

Monkey
Mar 8, 2006
I was told to get a hold of someone either at Red Bull or Monster for some sponsorships.
Do you have a contact Transcend?

slang

Monkey
Apr 20, 2005
does noone drink rockstar? tastes similar to redbull, and twice the size for the same price

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
MadDHer said:
I was told to get a hold of someone either at Red Bull or Monster for some sponsorships.
Do you have a contact Transcend?
Redbull won't do anything. We only have a hookup as one of my team riders works for them.

Monster sponsorships are through sponsorhouse.com

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
slang said:
does noone drink rockstar? tastes similar to redbull, and twice the size for the same price
There's too much liquid in there. I don't drink Redbull when I'm thirsty. Anyhow, I like Redbull's taste better and it actually gives me some energy.

Except I get less and less energy now. A while ago I would drink one and be wired, but now I barely feel anything, or it just lasts about 10 minutes.

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
I stopped buying RedBull, it's to expensive for what you get and one can doesn't really effect me due to the large and strong ammount of coffee I induce every morning. I often buy Monster XXL at work, which is about 50 cents more the RedBull but I actually get a wake up call from it.